Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By GotHatch?
#317675 Don't flame me but this is just a temporary thing anyway. I have been doing some minor body work to get my car ready for winter so it wont rust due to holes being drilled in the body and while I have been doing that I have grown tired of having a car with a blue top white sides a front bumper that looks like a used tampon and a scuffed back bumper.
I will have access to a garage and will sand the car down and properly prime and paint the car next spring but for now I would just like to get it all one color for the winter so what would you guys reccomend as far as brand/type for spray can primer?

What brands spray the best and doesnt take a act of god to press the button down?

As always thanks again!
By nd1983
GotHatch? wrote:Don't flame me but this is just a temporary thing anyway. I have been doing some minor body work to get my car ready for winter so it wont rust due to holes being drilled in the body and while I have been doing that I have grown tired of having a car with a blue top white sides a front bumper that looks like a used tampon and a scuffed back bumper.
I will have access to a garage and will sand the car down and properly prime and paint the car next spring but for now I would just like to get it all one color for the winter so what would you guys reccomend as far as brand/type for spray can primer?

What brands spray the best and doesnt take a act of god to press the button down?

As always thanks again!

no flaming from us. http://www.civic-eg.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24232

if you are just covering holes to stop rust just use a primer, if you want a paint to cover for now, Rustoleum brand is the fav around here.
By GotHatch?
nd1983 wrote:
GotHatch? wrote:Don't flame me but this is just a temporary thing anyway. I have been doing some minor body work to get my car ready for winter so it wont rust due to holes being drilled in the body and while I have been doing that I have grown tired of having a car with a blue top white sides a front bumper that looks like a used tampon and a scuffed back bumper.

As always thanks again!

no flaming from us. http://www.civic-eg.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24232

if you are just covering holes to stop rust just use a primer, if you want a paint to cover for now, Rustoleum brand is the fav around here.

Haha my kind of people!

I am using just primer on the spots I am doing body work on but was wanting to either prime the whole car or just use a paint. I guess I will starting getting my cash together for about 15 cans of paint and get the car ready then I have to figure out where I can paint it at because I'm not sure how well I will be able to do the whole car in my apartment parking lot unless I did say the top one day and then the fenders another then the doors ect.
By TrailerTrash
#317703 Krylon.

/thread
By nd1983
teal_dx wrote:I always use Dupli-Color when possible since it is made for automotive use. I used Rustoleum on my civic because Dupli-COlor didn't make an army green.

rustoluem here has an auto based line.
By Wolfsbain
#317713 I perfer dupli-color because of the nozzle. Seems to give me more even coverage and better results.
By Graham
#317741 Pro xl high build primer is the absolute shit! Sprays on so smooth, although i wouldnt recommend driving your car through the winter in primer (unless i misread) as it just absorbs water and will be rusting in no time