Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By EGRUNNER
#315599 I just picked me up a eg hatch and wanted to clean it up pretty good so first thing i went to was the rear interior gutted it to clean it and as i wipe down the interior paint it just started coming right up. Even with windex is does the same thing so i figured leave it alone. Also went to clean up the engine bay and it was doing the same thing paint coming right off any one else have this problem.
By Apexracing
#315604 Is it the factory paint?
By EGRUNNER
#315605 YES OR AT LEAST IM HOPING SO LOL BUT IT IS FACTORY
By Apexracing
#315606 Yea it really shouldnt just rub off, Its possible its aged to that point but idk
By EGRUNNER
#315610 here is a pic of were i started in the engine bay on the radiator support but inside the truck or hatch area does the same

By Apexracing
#315612 Looks oxidized.
By EGRUNNER
#315617 THATS AFTER I STARTED TO SIMPLE GREEN IT UP BUT YA WHAT YOU THINK STILL FACTORY PAINT
By FG2_Andrew
#315627 WHY ARE YOU YELLING!?
By JDMLYFE
#315631 wow! i did the same thing but i guess it wasnt oxidized.

By Eg6H2D
EH2_andy wrote:WHY ARE YOU YELLING!?

Lol..

Yea looks oxidized. . ammonia in the windex broo
By EGRUNNER
#315658 LOL srry guys at work we do everything is caps so its just a habbit lol and ya sux heres some more pics i just hope its oxidized and not repainted but weird how it would of happened all me efs never did this .

By SCREECHO
#315890 try just dawn dish soap. or ivory. I use to use ivory on my aunts leather couches.
The paint is 20 years old, so with harsh chemicals above dish soap it will rub right off.
dont scrub it, just sudes in a bucket and a sponge should make it come out clean.
Thats what I did in my hatch rear area, and didnt have any paint scrubbed off.