Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By baconsauce
#310290 I am on tight budget, out of homestate, and college student.

right now I have civic hb 92 and it needed a new radiator support.
I just wonder if I could do it cheaper by installs it into bolt on from weld on.
I thought it would be easy, faster, and save time at sametime it would improve my budgets.
even though I could swap engine by take off the radiator to make it smoothly steps in the future.
also I have 2 years experienced auto body collision repair.
I will replace reinforcement since it is destroyed./

correct me at any mistakes and helpful information as can, thank you for read this post
By TrailerTrash
#310293 what exactly are we talking about here?

the little radiator stay that holds the top of the radiator in place? or the entire radiator support as in the front end of the car?
By baconsauce
TrailerTrash wrote:what exactly are we talking about here?

the little radiator stay that holds the top of the radiator in place? or the entire radiator support as in the front end of the car?

Whole radiator support in the frond end of the car, you notice it welded on

so my question is that I wanted to change it into bolt on instead of weld on
By TrailerTrash
#310307 doesnt sound very safe to me.
By nd1983
#310309 its part of the unibody structure. you remove the welds and bolt it in, during an accident or cornering the car will flex really bad.
By bigpunn421
#310314 i have a welder and i live in ny. i could help you out if your local
By baconsauce
bigpunn421 wrote:i have a welder and i live in ny. i could help you out if your local

I live in Rochester Ny
By baconsauce
TrailerTrash wrote:doesnt sound very safe to me.

I am just curious what different between weld and bolt on

weld on is to stick on, contact to the other metal and its stay on

Vw, chevy, and some of other company that used the bolt on as their original method on the cars, so If it actually work on car, I might have to follow with the strength of bolts

Reinforcement is the bolt on also and it front end right on radiator
so this thing is for accident absorber and what I did is threw it away because it was damaged and needed to get it replaced

so Im trying to find out which is much safer
By baconsauce
nd1983 wrote:its part of the unibody structure. you remove the welds and bolt it in, during an accident or cornering the car will flex really bad.

Yes it is unibody structure, but I believe that reinforcement behind front bumper is mainly subframe that absorb the accident, maybe I am wrong.
By Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty
#310355 you could go either route honestly. ive never seen a honda with the radiator support bolted on which actually sounds like a legit idea. remove it when your working on the car and put it back on when your done... your onto something here man. :thumb:
By baconsauce
Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty wrote:you could go either route honestly. ive never seen a honda with the radiator support bolted on which actually sounds like a legit idea. remove it when your working on the car and put it back on when your done... your onto something here man. :thumb:

:thumb:
By cruzan
#310391 I was thinking on doing that but i dont know how becuz mind is hit but not bad i was just thinking to pull it out an done with it but if i can bolt it than i will get me a new one and bolt it if i find how th do it.
By cruzan
#310392 I was thinking on doing that but i dont know how becuz mind is hit but not bad i was just thinking to pull it out an done with it but if i can bolt it than i will get me a new one and bolt it if i find how to do it.