Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By 92civicEGsedan
#309835 so i was on youtube and came across people using plasti dip to cover there car. i was just wanting to know if anyone has used it and if so what your input on this subject would be?im thinking of doing this to my car after i do some body work just depends on how well the product actually is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7uT4dTMUEA&feature=g-vrec
By DontHateonEG8
#309838 I'm seeing this plastidip stuff to be a new trend lol

i think its cheap way to cover up mismatched body panels, but a good paint job is always better imo
By 92civicEGsedan
#309839 yeah i want to paint my car but i want to plasti dip it after i do it for that matte black color but ima paint my car blue i can just take the plasti dip off when i get tired of it that was i dont have to do all of the effort of body work to re paint it if i wanna change colors
By DontHateonEG8
#309843 why paint your car in the first place
just change colors whenever you get bored lol
seems like a 3-4 hour project and they have like 8 colors available
definitely easier than a wrap
By 92civicEGsedan
#309844 cause im taking a auto body class this fall and i got to have something to paint so ima paint my car
By 92civicEGsedan
#309849 Yeah its that or somehow get my scout driveable and take it up there to work on it and that thing is a rust bucket so ill just work on my less rusted car
By kt95CiviCDX
#309919 so could you plastidip the window trim ? my trim is all cracked and crappy looking
By DontHateonEG8
kt95CiviCDX wrote:so could you plastidip the window trim ? my trim is all cracked and crappy looking

i think that would be the ultimate use of plastidip
By kt95CiviCDX
#309921 sweet guess i'll do it and take pics lol been looking for an easier way to do it and since i can leave it on the car this way...WIN lol
By Ecc0
#310334 Really loving the idea of this but need to sort my bodywork first so will probably do that and have a good surface to put this down.

Anyone reccomend a good place to order it from also anyone know how long it's gonna last for???
By Buddhabusmc
#310455 Check out dipyourcar(dot)com
They have lots of pics and you can order from them too. On the site you can order plastidip by the gallon and spray it out of a wagner power painter. I painted my wheels on my silverado and they turned out awesome.
By dotJSX
#312195 They Sell Plastidip At The Lowes Near Me For About 7$ A Can. I Picked One Up, But I Have Yet To Use It. Probably Going To Start With The Hood, And See How It Turns Out.
By Buddhabusmc
DontHateonEG8 wrote:
kt95CiviCDX wrote:so could you plastidip the window trim ? my trim is all cracked and crappy looking

i think that would be the ultimate use of plastidip

I did my stepsons window trim, turned out good. Ill snap a pic next time hes over.
By jadeydrag0117
92civicEGsedan wrote:so i was on youtube and came across people using plasti dip to cover there car. i was just wanting to know if anyone has used it and if so what your input on this subject would be?im thinking of doing this to my car after i do some body work just depends on how well the product actually is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7uT4dTMUEA&feature=g-vrec

Plasti dip is fun , def don't recommend doing body work with it because it is basically removable matte paint. but its fun for a cheap little project like rims,

i painted my track r's all white they look pretty clean. but it still kinda has a cheap feel to it ...again it just looks like matte.

I know you can paint over the dip after you did a few layers, i have a few extra cans and i think im gonna have some fun with that ability.

anyways thats my input