Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By sKizO
#305555 Ok so i want to get rid of the old bonnet "stick" and install some gas struts (which i just so happend to conveiniantly have 2 brand new struts in my garage.)

i have a general idea of how their supposed to work but i cant for the life of me remember how to start the installl.

can anybody give me a description of some sort as to the steps on getting my strut install underway!

cheers sKizO :weee:
By sKizO
bradleyg wrote:
sKizO wrote:
bradleyg wrote:Something like this?

http://passwordjdm.com/images/Hood_Damper_Install/Hood_Damper_Install.pdf

cheers mate thats immaculate! :thumb:

Did you get them installed?
Glad to help :thumb:

So far so good, I didn't go as far as to order the JDM ones I'm just making do with what I have at the moment. After some heavy duty searching through copious amounts of parts in my workshop I came across some brackets that came off a Nissan S15 bonnet, standard that only one bolt lines up but I'm about to mark out and drill out a hole through the new brackets hopefully being able to give me my desired result. If all ealse fails I can fabricate some new ones.
Will keep you posted on how I go.
Cheers mate

8)
By Will_SG
sKizO wrote:Ok so i want to get rid of the old bonnet "stick" and install some gas struts (which i just so happend to conveiniantly have 2 brand new struts in my garage.)

i have a general idea of how their supposed to work but i cant for the life of me remember how to start the installl.

can anybody give me a description of some sort as to the steps on getting my strut install underway!

cheers sKizO :weee:

remember it is not recommended for CF hood ;)