Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By kt95CiviCDX
#303338 So just wondering what work would be needed to be done to fix this ? I really hate this blemish on my car lol

By kt95CiviCDX
#303364 I'm not quite sure what happened...looks like maybe a bb shot?..it was already there when i got my car...and no bondo just like touchup paint
By teal_dx
#303366 bb? More like a slug :hehe:

Well to fix it properly, you would need to grind the area down to remove the rust/paint, including in the hole. From there you could cut a square around the hole and weld in a new patch of smooth metal.

Or you could go the easy route ans just fill the hole in with filler but it looks pretty big/deep to try that. Also rust is more likely to return and will really look bad showing up in the middle of the door on a white car.
By TrailerTrash
#303441 ive shot cars with bow and arrow before... it kinda looks like this :lol:

you could slowly fill it in with paint-matched touch up paint but its still going to be there and somewhat noticable if not properly taken care of
By kt95CiviCDX
#303571 I guess it looks worse then it really is...it isnt that deep i'll see if i can get a better picture
By jefferydclark
#303991 if you just sand it well and spray it with something to stop the rust then fill it with some good quality body filler or fiberglass it will likely be alright...welding a new piece of metal is the best option but some people dont have a welder handy and welding in a new spot will be more work and takes more skill. i have filled in rusted areas with body filler before and none of them have shown through to date but i took my time and made sure that the spots didnt get wet until i had them completely finished.