Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By canibeateg
#321064 Very well put man, thanks for the well put information !
By Makeemdrop
#341856 I ordered the quarter and rocker panels for my 95 coupe that I'm trying to bring back to life and I noticed the rear bumpers army the same as my hatch and coupe is there a mod that I can do to get a. Hatch bumper to fit so the wheel arch lines up.
By teal_dx
Makeemdrop wrote:I ordered the quarter and rocker panels for my 95 coupe that I'm trying to bring back to life and I noticed the rear bumpers army the same as my hatch and coupe is there a mod that I can do to get a. Hatch bumper to fit so the wheel arch lines up.

The hatchback rear bumper is too short for a coupe or sedan.

Notice the difference:
By teal_dx
flamingdragon wrote:been trying to follow this but ended up warping panels :x

They're so easy to warp. You really gotta weld slow and spread out .... Take a lot of breaks :cheers:
By flamingdragon
#358749 i tried welding the fixmyrust panels and caused it to warp. how would you guys fix this? cut it out and completely redo the welding and grinding with a new panel or try to blend the warped parts with fiberglass filler?

[attachment=0]resize2.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=1]resize1.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
resize2.jpg
resize1.jpg
By teal_dx
flamingdragon wrote:i tried welding the fixmyrust panels and caused it to warp. how would you guys fix this? cut it out and completely redo the welding and grinding with a new panel or try to blend the warped parts with fiberglass filler?

That sucks, but I wouldn't do it all over. I'd go with some quality filler. Give it plenty of time to cure/shrink before going on to paint. Mine warped a little but not that bad. It's easy to get on a roll when welding and get the metal too hot. A lot of breaks is key, alternate from side to side will give time to cool too. :thumb:
By flamingdragon
#358756 Would you recommend reshaping the panel with like a dolly or a porta-power? My dad said he was able to push out some dents on my cousins fender that got banged up hitting a deer with one.
By teal_dx
#358766 You could try it, but I think an area warped from welding will be harder to press out than a dented area. Keep an eye on the welds to be sure they don't crack. :thumb:
By rusty_eg3
#359553 Hey everyone! As some of you might know (those who read my "build" thread) I've also fabricated my rocker panel and obviously it has no holes to hold the side skirt clips. One of the factory clips remained in place though, the first one from the front. The plastic side skirt was mounted using that front clip and some silicone on the underside in the rear because yeah, I'm lazy. After almost a year the plastic fell off :))))). Is there a better way to mount that side sill or do I really have to drill those holes? Btw Teal, you did an awesome job drilling, I hope I'll get it right if it's necessary. Thanks.
By teal_dx
#359583 There are some good adhesives out there, but not sure how they would hold up over time. Or if they would ever come off if you needed to take the skirt off for some reason.
By EG_XJ
#6907735 Definitely hoping to get this done to my coupe. Pretty bad on the driver's side from the salt here in IL. Thanks for the write-up!