Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By OleFolk
#215240 I think i just might go to a body shop.
dont know how to weld nor do i have a welder :lol:
also dont have an angle grinder or sawzaw

ugh honda cancer :roll:
By jeffguitars
#215937 Rust is one of the best enemies of the car owners. We can not avoid this especially if there is a constant change of weather in our place. The rustrepair.com will give you some hints in order to get rid out of it. I am sure you will be enlightened with it.
By cjw_89
#219782 I have a question fellas.How did you mark out where to cut.I figured you would just lay the new over the old and mark it out but keep back a quarter of an inch to play with?
By OleFolk
teal_dx wrote:let us know what they quote you for the labor.

Okay I will
Im going to go to a legitimate body shop too just to get a quote
If it comes out to be too much il say have a nice day
By teal_dx
cjw_89 wrote:I have a question fellas.How did you mark out where to cut.I figured you would just lay the new over the old and mark it out but keep back a quarter of an inch to play with?

That's what I did. You can always grind more away if you need.
By Greasedmonkey
#219826 all these people fixing rust, and I was getting my hood to rust... Just send your rust to my hood please.
By cjw_89
#228854 question.That sealer you sued to seal the inside panels,what is it? I plan on doing this to my car very soon and i want to to last.I am using short strand fiberglass with kevlar? opinions everyone?
By 716_EG
#231894 Hey Teal,how did you the them precise cuts where your filler neck is at?I know a grinder will nver fit in there....atleast i dont think :?
By cjw_89
#233063 So i picked up some seam sealer yesterday.The brush on stuff.I Have a major question.My work is being all done outside,i want a primer or sealer i can spray over the bare metal and welds so i can leave it outdooors and it wont hurt.I know that primer has some kinda chemical or something it it that absorbs water.My plan was to weld in my panel.Seam seal it from behind but what to seal it with outside in the elements? :?

Also what is rust conveter like.What do you spray on over you convert it?
By teal_dx
#233074 Primer the surface and then just do a can of aerosol paint for now. Primer is porous so it will absorb water/moisture. Some paint will seal the primer surface.

There's alot of rust converters out there... First grind or wire brush as much of the rust from the surface and remove all the scaling rust. Then apply the convertor and let it sit per the instructions of the product. then continue to follow the directions of that specific product. The one I used before said to wash the product off with water really well. I used it on old rusty seat rails probably a year and a half ago and never got around to painting them. The rails w/ exposed bare metal has been sitting in my garage and the rust has not come back :woot:
By Eg6H2D
#233128 awesome... i got a quote for the body work. me bringin in all the panels needed. 1500-2300..

my driver side quarter panel and rocker need replacing and my passenger side is just the repair panel. rocker is fine..