Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By TrailerTrash
#6907747 I did it to my coupe using this writeup. i used hatchback quarter panels from fixmyrust.com and just cut out what i needed
By teal_dx
TrailerTrash wrote:I did it to my coupe using this writeup. i used hatchback quarter panels from fixmyrust.com and just cut out what i needed

I've always wondered how that works out on a coupe... get any pics by chance?
By TrailerTrash
#6907858 I do have some but not easily posted lol
By 69cuda340s
#6909062 Hi all, I am newby here, but long time car person. Fixing the rust on my daughters '93 Civic Si. She bought the car in 2014 and daily drove it every day, including winters, until 2019. In fall of 2019 I started on drivers side, winter set in, then in spring 2020 completed the installation of patch panels on both sides. Car had several paint jobs all piled on top of one another so decision was made to sand all of those layers off entire car. Here are some pics:

By 69cuda340s
#6909064 Hi Teal,

I used your write up as a guide. It was the best I could find online very very helpful. I am sure that has helped many ppl over the years.

I do body work on cars as a hobby usually my own cars or cars for my kids. Over the years been trying to skill up use less bondo and more metal. I am still looking to get better. My son has a '95 EX 2 door with rust in 1/4 panels waiting in line. My last body work project was in 2014 fixing rear wheel well rust on a '95 F150:

https://www.autobody101.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=22944&sid=3a5ac34aa60dab3e42dce53332a54740

Once thing I forgot to mention is I cut the rear drains in the patches bigger so that they will never clog and provide plenty of ventilation. However, not sure if this could allow carbon monoxide to enter passenger compartment so beware of making this mod:

By teal_dx
#6909065 I think the drains were a smart move. As long as there's a full exhaust exiting at the bumper, I don't think carbon monoxide will be a problem.
By 69cuda340s