Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By jadeydrag0117
#301972 92-95 civic OEM Mirror
i haven't contributed much to the website yet Soo....
Heres a DIY/TUT to fix, if your mirror is flimsy or won't stay folded or if you think its broken....

Disassembling mirror

first step;

you need to take the mirror shell off the mount with these three screws under the mirror mount...

ImageImage

Second step;

removing face place thingy and there are three screws inside[behind the mirror] [#1+2] on top [#3] in the bottom corner farthest away from the car...

ImageImage

Third Step;

after you take off the face plate you can get to the [2] screws that hold the mirror inside the shell...(they are also behind the mirror + one of them is really hard to get a straight screw driver too) just push the screw driver in as best as possible and twist... (i did this, and i was afraid of messing up the screw thread but it was all gravy)
...and once you get the mirror out look at the spring circled [blue] in picture two, is the problem

ImageImage

"Reloading" Spring

Fourth step;

compress spring and attach this little (latch=#1blue) two the little (washer shield=#2blue) thing that is layered on top of the spring....refer to picture two for correction and how it is suppose to look

ImageImage

then it should work.... i haven't tried this out yet because i couldn't compress the spring....but im SURE this is the problem...

soo hope you guys don't throw away the OEM mirrors and keep them

thanks for reading+ good luck!
8)
Last edited by jadeydrag0117 on Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By 1ACarlos
#302017 Thanks