Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By neo27ny
#301078 First off if I have this in the wrong section I apologize.
Anyone know where to find write-ups on doing front end conversions? I've been searching for quite awhile now. I saw there was a thread on conversions on this site but not many for the sedan.
What I'm wanting to do is convert my sedan eg front end to a dc front end. i saw it done on the coupe. As much as I know so far is the bulkhead from the dc would need to be welded onto the civic, swap the hood (possible modification to the brackets needed?...) put all the front end onto the new bulkhead (headlights, impact beam, bumper cover etc.). Fenders...think you use the back half of the eg and cut and weld the front half of the other onto it. I would like to see a write-up of someone thats done it for a reference. See what exactly needs to be altered and how they did it and got everything to line up and see if it's a job I'm willing to tackle. Any input?
Last edited by neo27ny on Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By bigpunn421
#301083 i think it will look sweet.

you might be able to bolt it on. buy the parts first or a cheap shell. you might have to swap the core but i dont think you will.

i was thinking about a del sol front end. i guess its direct bolt on.

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1924361

the jdm front end looks so mean. i wish honda made them optional

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=861251
By neo27ny
#301097 Maybe not even a full front end swap. I want it like the black hatch in the pics in the second link you posted. Said it was done using all EG parts except the headlights. Anyone have any info on that headlight swap or where I can find a write-up? My searches aren't turning up anything useful.
By neo27ny
#301116 I am going to post this in here. I replaced my front bulkhead, headlights, fenders, bumper cover, hood. I need help from someone who's done this before. I can't seem to line it up any better no matter what I do. That was my whole reason for wanting to do a front end swap plus I love the jdm integra on the eg. I thought maybe I should straighten my front end out before I go attempting that. I need help please. I have gaps under my headlights and I've never seen how it's supposed to look cause I bought the car with the front end messed up but to me it seems that there's at least a half inch difference between the bumper and hood, not a gap but the bumper sticks out. I need tips and advice and possibly some close ups of the front on someone's car that hasn't had damage so I can reference it to mine. I'll try to post some pics, I don't think it looks bad but I don't think it's correct. On the last pic it's where the hood meets the bumper, you can see it's perfectly aligned with that inner line instead of the outside edge of the bumper. Is that how it's supposed to be?

By neo27ny
#301131 This one is oem, I put it on to see if it fit better. I had a new cheap replacement on there that is black that fit the same.
By neo27ny
#301299 Is that how the bumper is supposed to line up? It seems to me the hood should go to the edge of the bumper but I've never seen an eg up close before mine. Gonna strip the front end back down to the frame rails tomorrow and see if i can straighten things up some more. The hood and bulkhead aseembly are independent of eachother so I'm thinking the bulkhead needs to go in a bit further if possible.
By chewse
#301330 That's how they fit bro...but if u want it a bit closer to the hood what u can do is to undo the bolts at the top of the bumper and place a few nuts and or washers under the bumper next to d bolts hole and retighten d bumper the nuts and washers should cause that part of the bumper to sit a bit higher depending on the size of the nuts and or washers u use
By neo27ny
chewse wrote:That's how they fit bro...but if u want it a bit closer to the hood what u can do is to undo the bolts at the top of the bumper and place a few nuts and or washers under the bumper next to d bolts hole and retighten d bumper the nuts and washers should cause that part of the bumper to sit a bit higher depending on the size of the nuts and or washers u use

I'm not talking about the gap between them. In the last pic up above, you can see the bumper sticks out further than the hood. The hood is matched up with the inside line instead of the outer edge of the bumper. Is it supposed to be like that?
By chewse
#301333 Oo I see....there is a raised line on the top part the bumper and the hood is suppose to cover that line