Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By Bielawa1
#294561 Hi all i'm considering getting my Red hatch Vinyl Wrapped as i think a full re-spray isn't going to be worth the cost considering its condition.Anyone had this done or got any pro's and cons about it?
By TrailerTrash
#294574 a full wrap can cost just as much as a decent paint job. it aint exactly cheap
By JUICE
#294586 ^^x2

if you want it to look good, you want a proffesional to do it which is gonna cost somewhere around $7 per square foot, which might cost close to what a paint job would and it will only last 3-5 years max.

now, if you can do it yousrself and wanna do it so you can easily change the color every year.. by all means go at it. it's cool stuff and can look really good when done right.
By TrailerTrash
JUICE wrote:

now, if you can do it yousrself and wanna do it so you can easily change the color every year...

or you could just invest in a half decent air compressor and paint gun and some Krylon/Rustoleum ppaint and spray your car a different color every 6 months or so like me :thumb:

takes roughly a quart and one quart is about $9 at walmart
By gtstripes
TrailerTrash wrote:
JUICE wrote:

now, if you can do it yousrself and wanna do it so you can easily change the color every year...

or you could just invest in a half decent air compressor and paint gun and some Krylon/Rustoleum ppaint and spray your car a different color every 6 months or so like me :thumb:

i noticed this when i was reading your build thread :lol: :lol:
By mitch6
#297464 I actually do vinyl wrapping for a living at the moment, check out my website www.carbonfibervinyl.webs.com under the photos section if anyone is interested in seeing what I have wrapped or want an Idea of what it looks like.

As for a fully body car wrap, I personally do not recomend it. It will probably end up costing the same amount as a proffesional paint job or more.... :?
Not to mention if you live in an area where it snows, or there is alot of salt on the road, the vinyl on the bummpers may not hold up as long as you would like them too... Its better for areas such as california
By couch_c
TrailerTrash wrote:

9 dollars for a paint job? 0_0
By TrailerTrash
couch_c wrote:
TrailerTrash wrote:

$9 for the actual paint. usually takes 1 quart but I get 2 just to be safe so $18 plus about $7 for 2 rolls of masking tape. so $25 roughly guestimated :lol:
By Flatland_EG
TrailerTrash wrote:
couch_c wrote:
TrailerTrash wrote:

$9 for the actual paint. usually takes 1 quart but I get 2 just to be safe so $18 plus about $7 for 2 rolls of masking tape. so $25 roughly guestimated :lol:

So rattle can would be an expensive paint job for you then. :P :D

Also kind of curious, did you jam out the doors every time you painted it or was it more of a "the hell with that" because it's your daily?
By TrailerTrash
#297651 [quote="Flatland_EG"][/quote]

i used to use rattle cans but at over $3 a can it can get expensive!

and if by jam out the doors you mean paint all the door jams everytime i paint, no. before I gave it the very first paintjob I painted the door jams, trunk jam, inside of the gas door area, and under the hood+entire engine bay black. black goes with the interior and no matter what color the outside is, black matches it. im not picky enough to change all that stuff with every color change :lol:
By couch_c
TrailerTrash wrote:i used to use rattle cans but at over $3 a can it can get expensive!

and if by jam out the doors you mean paint all the door jams everytime i paint, no. before I gave it the very first paintjob I painted the door jams, trunk jam, inside of the gas door area, and under the hood+entire engine bay black. black goes with the interior and no matter what color the outside is, black matches it. im not picky enough to change all that stuff with every color change :lol:

Exactly, I was planning on paint the door jambs black also, it's neutral so it basically matches with every color