Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By JohnAWESOME
#288672 Hey so for christmas I got a 55w HID kit in 6000k and also got some TYC diamond cut headlight buckets I thought that it was going to look perfect but I was wrong. The reflectors in the bucket work great the aim all the light great. Only problem with that is it makes a really spotty looking light output. So now I am looking into getting some projectors from TheRetrofitSource.com I am looking at the FX-R 1.1 bi-xenon or the Morimoto mini H1 4.1 bi-xenon ones if anyone has any experiance with this company or the projectors advice would be great.
By 92civic_vx
#288697 i have the morimotos in tyc housings. they are great, i love them. great output of light and easy to install. :thumb:
By JohnAWESOME
#288702 Any chance you have pics of how they look and what the output looks like?

Also what is the HID set up you are using?

This is what I have right now (headlights still in the wrapping)

I will take some pics in the morning after work with them in the hatch
By Apexracing
#288747 The retrofit source sells good shit :thumb:
By 92civic_vx
#288820 this is the best pic i found on my computer, i can take a better pic tomorro after work.

edit* found this on my phone
By JohnAWESOME
#288832 Hey thanks for the pics they look awesome. I think I am leaning towards the FX-R's. I was wondering how hard was it to take off and put on the plastic lens on the headlight?
By 92civic_vx
#288834 put the housing on a cookie sheet and into the oven at 250* for about 5-6 mins then slowly pull off the cover, thats how i did mine.
By mitch6
#290678 I have some Morimoto D2S mini projectors in my SPEC-D black housing headlights. The light out put is nice, and the cut off is so sharp!!! :o

However** I helped my friend retrofit some FX-R projectors into his BMW E46 cuz he did not want his stock e46 projectors, and they are amazing! The light output is better than the D2S mini's and the color band is much more defined! Looks very exotic.

With the D2S mini's, you will also not be disappointed, and the swap is a piece of cake! took me about 2.5 hours I believe for both headlights. There is not cutting involved (other than having to trim the shrouds to fit the headlight unit because they are a bit too long) because once you bake the lens off, you can place the projector in and screw is in place from the other side.

The FX-R's should fit without sticking out too close to the glass, but you will have a ton more cutting involved! :? Not to mention you will need to do a lot of beam aligning before being absolutely certain that you can JB weld or glue (however way you want to install them) them to the headlight unit. There is more risks involved but better output.

not too sure about the H1's not experience with them, sorry :wink:

Here is some pics:

Supper straight cut off in fog, and against a wall, etc...

By mitch6
#290821 You cannot buy them pre-made, you have to buy a pair of headlights and retrofit the projectors into them. Here is where I bought all of my stuff:

here are the head lights I bought:
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/92-95-HONDA-CIVI ... 0627742244? pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3AHonda|Model%3ACivic&hash=item2c624c8224

spec-D headlights with the black housing. Then I bought the projectors off of http://www.theretrofitsource.com

These are the D2S mini's with the galting gun shrouds. You can actually buy a kit for them right now: http://www.theretrofitsource.com/produc ... cts_id=237