Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By EGCiviCKid
#287124 hi guys,
bought a fart can off ebay.
cant stand it.
any suggestions for a good quality back box still with the deep note but are bearable on long journeys??

any suggestions would be appreciated :)
By Fada Blayne
#287125 wrong section. but an apexi ws2 would be a nice choice or even a Vibrant setup. There are alot of choices it all boils down to personal preference.
By Ecc0
#287128 I was gonna say apexi N1 as I know it's good for long drives as I commute 40 highway miles a day and is fine for me.

Try using YouTube and look up what the exhaust sounds from what people have put up
By Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty
#287133 tanabe medallions sound pretty good
By poorman type-r
#287138 Mugen twin loop
By dbrooks
#287141 Moved!

Also, I like the Apexi N1 or a Yonaka if you're looking to save some money and still have an awesome sound :thumb:
By Apexracing
#287144 Tanabe medallion
By Flatland_EG
#287151 Any "chambered" performance muffler will do this.
+1 for the Apexi WS2 if you want something quiet but comes alive when you get o it or the Twin Loop if you want something that's little different aesthetically but gives the same results. :thumb:

Right now I've got a ''Turbo" muffler with a resonated tip, cost me just a little over $100 installed and it sounds pretty good, it's just a tad loud especially on the road but my cat is gutted out as well so that makes it a bit louder, I usually have my tunes cranked anyways to it's not really an issue :)
Something you might want to look into if your on a tight budget.
By Apexracing
#287153 The major issue with the apexi is the entire piping isnt stainless steel. There for you are not getting what you pay for in my opinion
By EGCiviCKid
#287186 right guys been havin a browse on youtube and the Apexi ws2 seem abit raspy.. is this true??
im loving the sound off the mugen twin loop and tanabe but will these be ok for long distance?
By Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty
#287228 im pretty sure they will
By Apexracing
EGCiviCKid wrote:right guys been havin a browse on youtube and the Apexi ws2 seem abit raspy.. is this true??
im loving the sound off the mugen twin loop and tanabe but will these be ok for long distance?

The tanabe medalion touring is a regular style muffler. And sounds great. Check my ep3 thread out in the other rides section for a sound clip. The clips was before my header and break in but you get the idea.
By EGCiviCKid
#289161 just purchased a tanabe hyper medallion, getting it fitted at weekend! :)
By Punksz6
#289222 moved
By bartman201
EGCiviCKid wrote:just purchased a tanabe hyper medallion, getting it fitted at weekend! :)

good choice...