Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By civic eg-k
#286663 Can I use rustolium to prep paint ? Cuz I'm going to paint my car as soon as taxes cash comes in and ive sanded the car and I can see some bare metal and I'm guna use rustolium to stop the oxidation process cuz here in town we are getting som rain and fresh air an don't want to start rusting. And don't wantto paint with gloss cans if I'm removing it in a few months. It was a pain to remove before with all the bondo the put on too. [/img]
By Apexracing
#286686 Despite the claim, i've never seen rustollum paint prevent or stop rust. Use a good primer, sand-able primer, do several light coats. then add a coat or two of sand-able clear coat. this should proficiently protect your car. But why would you sand to the bare metal? It makes the body work that much harder.
By civic eg-k
#286756 Only resin I sanded was cause some surface rust was showig I bout the car primered and when I sanded the old primer of some o spots are bare metal and som spots have light touches of bondo. So who ever owned it had di. The body work and didn't complete it. I'll posting the before and after pix asap.

What would be a good rattle can primer? Or what is a good primer?
By civic eg-k
#286757 Only resin I sanded was cause some surface rust was showig I bout the car primered and when I sanded the old primer of some o spots are bare metal and som spots have light touches of bondo. So who ever owned it had di. The body work and didn't complete it. I'll posting the before and after pix asap.

By civic eg-k
#286758 Only resin I sanded was cause some surface rust was showig I bout the car primered and when I sanded the old primer of some o spots are bare metal and som spots have light touches of bondo. So who ever owned it had di. The body work and didn't complete it. I'll posting the before and after pix asap.