Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By TeeHizzleNizzle
#282384 Just started a DIY trim touch up today. Arizona whether is not kind to Civic's

All together Im going to be painting
EK Sideskirts
Mugen Style Front Lip
Side Moldings
Window Trim
Stock Grill
Added:Honda Emblem, Windshield Sprayers

For paint I will be using
Krylon Gloss Black (For Plastics)
Krylon Clear Coat

I started off by rinsing and cleaning off any dirt, then setting them out to dry.

Heres some pictures of the process! :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Next Day, 11/22/11)
***UPDATE***
Today I put the painted sideskirts on, and taped off the side moldings and the grill and painted those as well, then put my painted front lip back on.
I also decided to touch up the windshield sprayers, and the front Honda emblem! :D :D :D

***Before I painted the grill, I put pieces of cardboard behind

********** AFTER!

Only a couple minutes after taking off the newspaper and tape, everything collected dust! I'll take more photos after I give the car a bath. Im going to let the paint cure for a couple days. I still need to paint the window trimmings[/b]
Last edited by TeeHizzleNizzle on Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:27 am, edited 5 times in total.
By TrailerTrash
#282389 looking good. this is one of those little things that alot of people overlook when trying to freshen up the look of a car :thumb:
By TeeHizzleNizzle
TrailerTrash wrote:looking good. this is one of those little things that alot of people overlook when trying to freshen up the look of a car :thumb:

Thanks!
I overlooked it for a long time until I found this website! Lots of great DIY tips here
By Punksz6
#282487 :thumb:
By dbrooks
#282511 I moved this thread to the correct section, as it is not a build thread.

Nice work though. :thumb:
By dejal3lue
TeeHizzleNizzle wrote:Just started a DIY trim touch up today. Arizona whether is not kind to Civic's

Anything good on sale lol. nice job, looks real good
By Honda4life
#282658 nice! Yea im redoing my window trim tomorrow as well as my calipers. My calipers are red from the previous owner and everyone has that color so im redoing them black. As for the window trim, what paint are u gonna use? I picked up some black rubber paint.
By TeeHizzleNizzle
Honda4life wrote:nice! Yea im redoing my window trim tomorrow as well as my calipers. My calipers are red from the previous owner and everyone has that color so im redoing them black. As for the window trim, what paint are u gonna use? I picked up some black rubber paint.

Im probably gonna use Rustoleum, or I might just use the left over Kryolan I have