Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By necropaulis
#278490 what kind of paint?? spray gun?? roll?? brush?? Your gonna need primer and some kind of top coat also. If you spray, I would get 4 cans of primer, 6 color, and 5 clear.
By lunaticracer21
#278495 i painted my bike with rustoleum from homedpot oil based it came out clean cheep paint gun harbor freight i dont know how to post up pics if i did i would i could post my link on clist
By balut_eg
#278496 like a want to paint my hatch with metallic paint and spray it in a booth.
im starting to do my body work. its just that idk whats a good amount of paint and clear i would need for a good amount of coats.
By Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty
balut_eg wrote:like a want to paint my hatch with metallic paint and spray it in a booth.
im starting to do my body work. its just that idk whats a good amount of paint and clear i would need for a good amount of coats.

are you gonna primer it then paint??
By balut_eg
Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty wrote:
balut_eg wrote:like a want to paint my hatch with metallic paint and spray it in a booth.

yup!
By Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty
balut_eg wrote:
Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty wrote:

yup!

2 coats?
By balut_eg
#278516 what would you recommend for a good paint job?
By Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty
#278602 i would seal it, coats of primer, sand it down with self-etching primer to find the low and high spots.... then get to the painting... the clearcoat is the trickiest because you gotta spray it so wet
By 603 jdm
#278984 x2 on what stank said. the best primer ive heard of is northstar. i got a family member that restores corvettes for auctions like barret jackson etc. and thats what he swares by.
By crazy-88
#310382 1/2 to 3/4 gallon of paint + reducer
1 gallon of clear + hardener.

that should cover ur jambs too.