Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By Godspeed_eg8
#273694 Lol ok so im sure some of you out there know about the Home Depot lip that you can make out of garden edging, and some of us are like "wtf" and "made out of whaatt?!" well im here to explain how i made it and honestly if you take your time , in 30 mins you have a pretty decent lip and for an 1/8 of the price you would have to pay online to get one .

NOTE: im not responsible if you dont like how it looks and take it off and you end up not liking the holes in your bumper.

First off you have to get then tools and material for this DIY.
Your going to need :
-Power drill with a Phillips bit
-1/2" black screws
-a blade of some sort (i used a scalpel blade)
-Scissors
-Garden egding

Once you have all your tools and material, you have to measure how much of the garden edging you will need . For me i didnt want to take any chances so i lines up one end of the edging to make sure it touched my tire and did the same on the other and then i cut it

**when you get you garden edging you might get it like how i did or you might not but assuming that you get it like i did then you will follow this step. **

Well on the sides of the garden edging you will have little tabs sticking out like so.

Remove both of these or if you'd like cut all 3 of them

And eventually once your done the long piece of edging should look like this.

After the hardest part is done lol you position the edging on the bumper to where you would like it to stay. Make sure that your not short on one end and have enough space . Screw a screw in to hold in place and then start screwing more in .

Once its in place trim the edges and you have your self a HD racing lip :hehe: :hehe: lol

enjoy folks :thumb:
By Godspeed_eg8
#273725 everything cost me about 5 bucks to do it and you can cut it to what ever width you want it so it doesnt hang to low
By 95cpeEX
#273739 looks good. deffinatly like that lip, and cheap is a bonus ha ha