Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By ForneyHatch
#272992 I'd like the carbon fiber look without the carbon fiber price. I honestly don't care about the few pounds of weight savings that comes with a carbon fiber hood. I know its cheating, but oh well. The EG hatch is rediculously light anyways. Has anyone used this 3M vinyl product on this forum? If so, where is the best place online to get it? Any input would be appreciated.
By {ikon}EM1
#273022 Honestly that's tacky and cheap looking if done wrong... if u don't want to pay high dollar prices then just paint ur hood black...
By TrailerTrash
{ikon}EM1 wrote:Honestly that's tacky and cheap looking if done wrong... if u don't want to pay high dollar prices then just paint ur hood black...

this.

or find a cheapass cf hood on cl
By Flatland_EG
#273066 Here ya go. And done correctly as well. :D
By RWMIII
#273081 $250 bucks?! Might as well just get the real deal.

Although it was done nicely.
By ForneyHatch
#273140 the carbon fiber vinyl couldn't be that tacky considering shops have been putting it on Lamborghinis and BMW M3s.
By Wicked
#273157 Ive been wanting to get some for misc stuff how much does it normally run? Does it have to bought online or can you get it offline in a walk in store? Dont mean to thread jack.
By poorman type-r
ForneyHatch wrote:I'd like the carbon fiber look without the carbon fiber price. I honestly don't care about the few pounds of weight savings that comes with a carbon fiber hood. I know its cheating, but oh well. The EG hatch is rediculously light anyways. Has anyone used this 3M vinyl product on this forum? If so, where is the best place online to get it? Any input would be appreciated.

A few pounds? You cut more than a few pounds when replacing your stock hood with a carbon fiber one.
By ForneyHatch
#273217 I think you are missing the point in my question
By UpgrayeddEJ2
#273267 I went to several of the body wrap places here in Omaha, and found 1 piece that was about 8x17". The guys said they could get it but it wasn't cheap so they didnt normally stock it. They sold me that little piece for $12, and said I was probably getting a good deal. You can get it off of eBay all day long, but make sure it the real stuff.
By TrailerTrash
ForneyHatch wrote:the carbon fiber vinyl couldn't be that tacky considering shops have been putting it on Lamborghinis and BMW M3s.

that doesnt mean it aint tacky :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
By Wicked
#273321 Id rather wrap my PU Lip in that stuff and clear it, then get a $300 CF lip and crack it first time I go up my driveway...As well as my FOG covers, instead of paying $194375097340957 for CF covers :lol: