Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By ForneyHatch
#272275 I bought my EG with blacked out tail lights. It looks like someone just used some kind of special tinting spray paint on my tail lights. How do I remove this paint without damaging the lights? Any input would be appreciated!!!
By RWMIII
#272282 wetsand. from a 1500 grit to gradual finer ones. then polish the lenses.
By RWMIII
#272283 I have also heard of Goof Off working with that niteshades tint spray as well.
By Wicked
#272292 Depending on the plastic you have several options. I wont be held responsible if you mess anything up trying these, but you can try a nice IPA 90% soak, or a quick soak (under a min) of oven cleaner or brake fluid and then lots of elbow grease with a rag or perhaps a toothbrush and then a quick wash to get any remaining chems off before they eat to much. Id suggest looking these up though before trying any of them, but those seem to be the most common paint stripping plastic methods I've found.
By Flatland_EG
#272307 I thought of chemicals as well but personally I wouldn't risk it, I'd definitely go with the wet sand and polish route, then hit them with some good wax to finish. :thumb:
By familyEGuy23
#272321 I've used acetone on my OEM headlights back in the day worked good for me but i don't know if it will have the same results for the taillights
By 95cpeEX
ForneyHatch wrote:I bought my EG with blacked out tail lights. It looks like someone just used some kind of special tinting spray paint on my tail lights. How do I remove this paint without damaging the lights? Any input would be appreciated!!!

paint thinner works really well, i have had to remove tail light tint before cuz someone sprayed it a little too dark and i used paint thinner and no issues at all, just takes a little while to get all the paint off
By eg-guy
#272354 acetone and paint thinner will work, but... they will also f*&^ up the lense if too much is applied. and you'll have to wetsand after anyways if you don't use the right amount so i would just wetsand them from the begining and save the extra money. 1500,2000 then pollish like stated above.
By necropaulis
#273243 gasoline or nail polish remover, and a rag.