Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By RL-521
#271876 yeah its been awhile but im back, but this time with a hatch :thumb:

i just bought it tonight and the clear coat is nothing short of ruined.
im thinking about spray canning it flat black then clearing it, but the last time i spray canned a large surface area flat black (the hood on my camry) it left spots where i would change direction (i was going side to side) and they were REALLY noticable. i really wanna take care of the paint first thing and do it myself for the experience and to say i did it myself, but im afraid of having those spots. has that ever happened to anyone else? or if someone can tell me what i did wrong soo it doesnt happen again, it would be great lol.
btw ill have pics of the hatch up soon
By B20vtec-turbo
RL-521 wrote:yeah its been awhile but im back, but this time with a hatch :thumb:

i just bought it tonight and the clear coat is nothing short of ruined.
im thinking about spray canning it flat black then clearing it, but the last time i spray canned a large surface area flat black (the hood on my camry) it left spots where i would change direction (i was going side to side) and they were REALLY noticable. i really wanna take care of the paint first thing and do it myself for the experience and to say i did it myself, but im afraid of having those spots. has that ever happened to anyone else? or if someone can tell me what i did wrong soo it doesnt happen again, it would be great lol.
btw ill have pics of the hatch up soon

You probably held the spray can to close, also prayed to much with not enough coats. If your going to use a can, do alot of coats, first coat should be nothing more than a light cloud. 2nd coat should be another light coat, all the way until the 10-15 coats...

There's a DIY on here for using a spray can...
By RL-521
#271894 thanks!