Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By UpgrayeddEJ2
#268954 what do you guys think? should i switch my front end to sedan parts just to get a practically free carbon fiber hood?
My front end pretty much needs replaced anyway, and I always find sedan parts but no coupe stuff.
A local craigslist ad has a CF hood he wants to trade for an OEM one. I know everyone likes the coupe and hatch bumper because of the fogs, but I dont have any anyway.
By Classiccarsrule85
#268969 to be honest ive fit the 4dr hood on the 2/3dr fairly easily if its a hood you want then get it since they should be interchangeable so keep the front end you have and just throw on that hood
By UpgrayeddEJ2
#268992 really? I've always heard there is fitent issues with putting a sedan hood on a 2/3 dr. That the hood hangs over the bumper by an inch or so and looks out of place. And I figured that the 2 dr hood would be too small.

Did you have to do any modifying to make it fit?
By Classiccarsrule85
#269004 no it all bolted right up but then again my hatch was weird but anyhow i know the headlights are the same so really it should be close but yea id possibly swap the front end if yours is really bad you can keep the front bumper as well but yea idk id say just try and get a hood
By asianrob
#269023 the whole front end of the sedan is completely different less the headlights.

the headlights, and radiator support is the same.

the hood will hang over about 1/4 inch or so not bad but still kinda notice able.
By TrailerTrash
asianrob wrote:the whole front end of the sedan is completely different less the headlights.

the headlights, and radiator support is the same.

the hood will hang over about 1/4 inch or so not bad but still kinda notice able.

this.

a coupe/hatch with a sedan hood = overbite :lol:
By UpgrayeddEJ2
#269052 That's what I thought.
By Classiccarsrule85
#269085 hmm guess my hatch was really f'd up then lol which im sure it was
By Ecc0
#269455 You could try adding 1inch risers to the cf hood to take up some of the over bite that might work. But as already said hatch and coupe are the same sedan a little longer