Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By LaosToaster
#264370 one of the ways theives get in ur car unnoticed and without setting off the alarm is opening ur hood through the bumper grille and cut off ur battery/sirens. i have done it myself and once u get the hang of hitting the release latch its pretty easy. this diy would be more useful to those who have cut off their grilles off their bumper cover. i have my grille on but im skinny i can still put my whole forearm through the grille and open the hood.

so while i was installing my foglights i decided why not just make the block off plate while my bumper is off. this diy is not really in depth and i didnt take measurements but its pretty easy ur plate doesnt need to be the exact size as mine was. but here are some pics of how it should look like.

the top corners are cut off to clear the surround metal and the two top bolts of the hood latch will go through the very top corners of the plate.

here it is slipped in. one thing i should of done is drilled the holes on the plate first. i used a self taping screw to make a hole and then used a phiips screw driver to make the hole bigger. i kno im a ghetto mechanic i dont have the right tools to drill a hole lol.

oh yea and ur gonna need to take off ur Bumper bar so u can use self taping screw from under.

when u actually bolt ur plate onto the hood latch ur gonna notice that some of the plate will get in the way for the latch. just cut it off. i cutted mine at two ends and just bent it the other way and out of the way.

this is the back side. behind that dirty plate with the two holes is where u can stick ur finger from the bumper grill and push to release the latch. wont be able to reach that anymore.

here the bumper bar is removed to put some screws there, ur hood cable will be tucked there and secured from assholes trying to grab it.

my plate is a little too long but its ok. here is the cable chillin before putting self taping screws

back side. u can make ur plate more wider to cover the rest of the cable. mine is still exposed but i moved it further up and put a screw to secure that too.

final product!!

kinda sloppy but who cares as long as its effective. now ur civic is more harder to steal and unable to pop ur hood by hand.

Next DIY i might show u guys is relocating ur release cable lever thingy .( no, not a hood cable relocation, those diys are everywhere)
also make sure ur hood closes and opens when pulling the release cable and see if everything lines up.

hope u guys liked this. 8)

EDIT: there are three bolts on the latch. i had too much difficulty drilling a hole for the third bolt while still installed, its the bottom one out of the three bolts so i recommend drilling ur holes before installing it.
By DontHateonEG8
#265453 great idea and DIY! I always contemplated about this mod and good to see someone actually doing it! can't wait to see how you relocated your release cable :)
By LaosToaster
#265455 Thanks. Yea I haven't taken any pics while relocating the release latch. But if u kno how to reloctae the cable then this should be a super easy mod.