Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By 95cpeEX
#261339 so i just wrecked my 95 coupe a couple days ago and my insurance wont fix it for me since it was my fault, but i was thinking since i gotta buy all new front panels for it, i might as well do a 00 civic front clip. just curious of peoples opinions on this. also curious if i need to swap the core support as well or if i could re-use the factory one?
By 95cpeEX
#261341 bump*** can anyone help me out with this?
By 95cpeEX
#261344 bump, was also curious if it is possible to use the back bumper from a 00 civic on a 95 civic as well, i was thinking about doing a full SIR swap, i like the look of the body trim on the bumpers, and the look of the 00 civic front end, but if possible i just replace the messed up parts that are on it and see if i can find some JDM fenders with the side marker lights and some SIR front and rear bumpers.

any one know a good head light look for these cars well, i broke the drivers headlight lens cover and the rear housing as well so if i could find something cool and aftermarket i might like that...
By chrono404
#261594 I have not seen people do a 99-00 Rear bumper onto an EG.

The Front clip can be done for not that much money. The biggest pain is swapping the core support to a EK Core Support. But if yours is wrecked you want to swap that anyways.

Some people say you need to cut and weld fenders in the middle however you can just cut the EG fenders to fit the EK headlights.

Heres a link to a guy who did a "Budget" 99-00 EK Front clip on an EG. If it was one color it wouldn't look that bad.

http://www.tamparacing.com/forums/honda ... ost2796748

Since your in Washington, a good place to get OEM style replacement parts is certifit. Some people say they wont line up correctly however I think they blame their bad body work on their parts.

I have used certifit parts and had them line up 100% and so have a few friends of mine. If you working with a car with a wrecked front clip it will take work getting it to line up but once done it wont pretty good.
By 95cpeEX
#261718 the only reason why i was wondering on the 99-00 civic rear bumper is because its alot easier to find an SIR rear bumper for a 99-00 than it is for a 95, i just like the look of the body trim on bumpers
By 95cpeEX
#262501 anyone else have any input about using a 99-00 civic rear bumper on a 95 civic coupe....