Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By dawg316
#261068 so drove my eg yesterday durring the night time for the first time. pulling out of the garage i already noticed my headlights arnt aimed correctly at all. this was worse when i was driving cuz i couldn't see shit. im some what familiar with the aiming processs ( tape line on wall. move 25 feet back. aim lights 2 inches lower) but even when i pull about 5-10 feet away. there wayy out. gonna dick around with it today but dose the light mounting make a differance or should i just mess with the 2 adjusters on the back. the driver side headlight sits a lil loose and i think its cuz of a bolt in the back that dosnt sit correctly, but not quite shure.

real question is where should i start. should i make shure everythings all secure then begin to try and aim it correctly. or what ?

thanks for the help.
By JohnRM
#261076 I just adjusted mine, no securing of anything. I could never get it both perfect though...The light bulb from experience is kinda pillowed in, so there was no way to really adjust it.
By dawg316
#261083 well ima try to get at it later tonight. its too bright out right now. any thing else i should know before i attempt it ?
By dawg316
#261293 glare on the driver side headlights seemed realy bad and low when i pulled it point blank to the wall. also the passenger side high beam is burnt out. would that possible be causing the driver side to run less brighter?

also adjusted the shit out of the driver side light either way to get it right, but then my headlight was not even flush with corner lens at all. you guys shure mouting has nothing to do with aiming ? btw how man bolts hold down the headlight and where are they located?

getting pretty pissed off at this car right now :x
By ghskid06
#261300 I think its just the three. Two on top and one on the inside which can be reached through a hole. Your corner light should connect to the headlight which would mean they are always flush.
By 1995db7
ghskid06 wrote:I think its just the three. Two on top and one on the inside which can be reached through a hole. Your corner light should connect to the headlight which would mean they are always flush.

actually there are four,the three you mentioned and the other one you have to remove the bumper and is under the corner light
By dawg316
#261385 yesterday i bought some new headlight bulbs. took the old ones out and they where some cheap knock off blue HID wanna be lights lol. poped the new ones in and they already looked much better, gonna attempt to aim them today. wish me luck :woot:

*EDIT* lights do look better but when i pulled it point blank to the wall. the driver side light was off still. i back it out and looked directly into the headlight. the passenger side was blinding ( ouch my eyes ) but the driver side didnt blind me at all. and i looked at it , in ever which angle. leads me to belive it might not be getting enough voltage on the lowbeam side ? gonna brake out the DVOM and check it out later :? :?

*EDIT AGAIN*
took voltage at the headlight plug. got 9 volts on both low beams ( driver and pass) . took voltage at the under dash fuse box. had only .1 volts on the driver side low and high beam. and only 6 volts on the passenger side low and high beam WTF. upon further examination i looked at the driver side headlight plug. noticed it wasnt colourd wires atached but 3 all black wires ( HID harness maybe ??) would make sence seeing how i pulled out blue "phillips" bulbs out and threw in regular ones. should i chase down the wires and be looking for a hid ballast ? or should i look into why my fuse box is only getting .1 volt.

multi meter is good, check my other fuses and they where all 12 volts. dam this problem sucks !!!!
By dawg316
#261464 Would i need to test fuse voltage with the headlights on ? guess i shoulda tryed that ...... :oops: :P :lol:
By dawg316
#261571 think im just going to end up replacing the headlight lense. see where that takes me.