Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By murphidaho
#256021 Ok so I think it might be time for a change...

The image below shows the current headlights on the car. I think they help give the car an updated look and they fit nicely, but It's not true to the car. So....

I need suggestions on new lights.

These are my thoughts so far but feel free to suggest alternatives:

1) USDM Stanley (already have them in the garage) + Amber Vision Corners + HID kit
2) USDM Stanley + JDM Stanley Corners + HID kit
3) JDM Stanley headlights and corners + HID kit
4) EDM headlights???? The glass ones without the nipples? think I could find some??

Here are my concerns:
1) Fitment: Are the JDM Stanleys going to look right with USDM glass w/ nipples??
2) If I buy JDM Stanleys (headlights and corners) is the plastic gonna be scratched and worn? Isn't the plastic inferior to glass?
3) Ideas on what HID kit?? Bi-xenon versus Xenon??? Is it gonna work?

Thanks everyone! your awesome!!

Brett

Image[/b]
By 94EJ2
#256023 id day usdm + vision amber+ 3k hids

but thats my opinion i like yellow lights dont over pay for xenon hids i have a off brand hid kit and they work just fine ive had them for over a year with no problems
By chrono404
#256026 If you put HID bulbs into headlights with the grooves in the glass made for halogen bulbs the light out put wont be correct:

Light output with HID bulb into Halogen housing:

Proper light output with HID's:

if you use a headlight with a clear glass or plastic front you wont get all the garred lines. It wont be as good as a full retrofit but it wont be near as bad as using OEM headlights.

Ebay has tons of headlights that will be better for light output, quite a few that will look better then the halo projectors you currently have

Image Black housing headlights, go well with amber corners.

Chrome housing headlights, look more oem however wont cause horrible light output.

Then ofcourse the new OEM Styled one peice headlights that look like oem headlights, however wont have the bad light output with HID's and makes it look a little more modern.

Whatever headlights you use, I highly recommend ones without the grooves in them like the following. If you use HID's in these headlights your output will be aweful and blind other drivers.

If you want to use OEM headlights you can get very bright halogen bulbs, They wont last as long as HID's. however will give you a clean cutoff, wont blind other drivers and best of all, will give you good light output.

If you want the brighest light output of all. a 5600K bulb is as bright as you can get. any more then that and the bulb makes light that humans can't see.
By murphidaho
#256617 Thanks a bunch chrono404. That's exactly the kind of thing I needed to know before making a purchase.

I'm just going to get some JDM housings and leave the standard halogen bulbs in them... or maybe some 5600k ones like you were saying.

Appreciate the insight! :thumb:
By s3eg6
#256903 Image

1 piece headlights with Mini Morimoto D2s retrofit :)
By murphidaho
s3eg6 wrote:Image

WOW!! that looks like a really nice job!! So that would be awesome for HIDs. Can you use Hi-beams with projectors? I ask because the 1 piece headlights I have, have a separate housing for the hi-beam?

Is this where a bi-xenon would come into play?
By Ajax1989
#257107 Image

usdm with jdm corners and 8k hids

but id go with the jdm stanleys and jdm corners

jdm stanley=win
and thing else= fail
imho
By s3eg6
murphidaho wrote:
s3eg6 wrote:Image

WOW!! that looks like a really nice job!! So that would be awesome for HIDs. Can you use Hi-beams with projectors? I ask because the 1 piece headlights I have, have a separate housing for the hi-beam?

Is this where a bi-xenon would come into play?

you are correct! The retrofit source Bi xenon Morimoto D2s kit so wicked i am so satisfied with there product.

Highly recommended

Ps: Lost of trimming needed for the shroud height so it would aim properly