Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By Gustavo
#253764 I wanna know wat kind of primer would be best 2 spray on my hatch b4 i paint it. The primer that im gonna spray is 2k Epoxy primer, then i will spray the Championship White base coat, then clear. Is this safe 2 do? Can i spray the Champ-white base coat over the epoxy primer without it having a bad reaction like bubbling/peeling? Or should i use a Laquer primer?
By teal_dx
#253796 it depends what kind of paint is the base coat/clear coat? Best to use the same type for all. Urethane is most common these days and dries much harder than lacquer which is pretty soft compared to other paints.
By forcefedEG
#253803 You'll want to stick with anything urethane based valspars dtm primer is good, the nason select prime is good,

lacquer is a thing of the past and epoxy sands like Shit.....
By Gustavo
teal_dx wrote:it depends what kind of paint is the base coat/clear coat? Best to use the same type for all. Urethane is most common these days and dries much harder than lacquer which is pretty soft compared to other paints.

The paint is Dupont Full Base coat. N the Primer is Transtar 2k epoxy primer/sealer.
By forcefedEG
#253836 Anything.g dupont is great and the transtar stuff is good too the epoxy should work ok over that but it will sand hard once it cures. Just watch and make sure it dosent lift on he edges wherever its feathered out assuming your doing a spot repair :?

If your priming the whole car it'll be ok for sure
By Gustavo
forcefedEG wrote:Anything.g dupont is great and the transtar stuff is good too the epoxy should work ok over that but it will sand hard once it cures. Just watch and make sure it dosent lift on he edges wherever its feathered out assuming your doing a spot repair :?

If your priming the whole car it'll be ok for sure

Yes we r priming the whole car. N I also got the primer in white so the white can pop out more. Was this a bad idea of getting the primer white? N wat do u mean it will sand hard once it cures?