Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By poorman type-r
#251362 Does anybody know the price of this paint, only one gallon will be needed since its an EG. Just wondering how much the paint will cost. Can't find prices anywhere.
By Chance
#251499 Call some shops/auto paint and body supply stores.....
By poorman type-r
#251504 Will do. Im just trying to get the cost of paint/clear written down before. Because shops here will tell you its more than what it really is if they see you don't know much about what you're talking about.
By 92_eghatch
poorman type-r wrote:Will do. Im just trying to get the cost of paint/clear written down before. Because shops here will tell you its more than what it really is if they see you don't know much about what you're talking about.

that's not exactly how a shop works lol. they charge a plat rate for paint and materials instead of charging you for 3 rolls of tape, 1 roll of paper, and 15 sheets of 400 grit sand paper etc etc. they charge you one flat rate that will also give them a profit as well. the shop i used to have with my dad and brother did this. we charged a flat amount for paint and materials for BIG jobs, and a certain amount for small jobs.

you will always have mark up where ever you go. it's just how places conduct business.

anyway...on the the paint question.

look around for a PPG paint store, or a finish masters paint store. or any other paint store in your area. if you know someone who has an account with any store in your area through their work. ASK THEM to get it for you because you'll save quite a bit of money. trust me lol. i've been in this business for the last 10 years
By 92_eghatch
92_eghatch wrote:
poorman type-r wrote:Will do. Im just trying to get the cost of paint/clear written down before. Because shops here will tell you its more than what it really is if they see you don't know much about what you're talking about.

that's not exactly how a shop works lol. they charge a plat rate for paint and materials instead of charging you for 3 rolls of tape, 1 roll of paper, and 15 sheets of 400 grit sand paper etc etc. they charge you one flat rate that will also give them a profit as well. the shop i used to have with my dad and brother did this. we charged a flat amount for paint and materials for BIG jobs, and a certain amount for small jobs.

...and the bigger the shop, the more you'll pay for labor, paint and materials. they have more employees to pay, and a larger overhead to keep the shop open and running everyday. ...keep that in mind if you're taking it anywhere.