Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By york62
#26867 OK, so you wanna take your fender off, you have got to take the side skirt off to do so. here is how.

You will need:
- 10mm socket, extension if you want.
- philips screw driver, stubby to make things easier on a lowered car!
- your foot

All these plastic screws, take them out.

And the screws in the wheel well.

Then all i do is put a little pressure on the back end of the side skirt, because the clips holding it are designed to slide out one way, you will see how when you get it off!

There now that that is off, the bottom bolt for the fender are exposed! There is also two screws when you open the door, the bottom one is a little stubborn.

I also forgot to take pictures of the front bumper, when i was taking it off, i
think it has to come off in order to get at this bolt:

If so here is a Diagram to give you an idea of where all the bolts are!

Almost there now. There are 3 bolts along the top of the fender.

There your done, just pull that sucker off!

Hope this comes in handy for someone!
By sqsi
#26868 Great writeup, I had to do this to run new speaker wire into the doors.
By BAXTER_EJ1
sqsi wrote:Great writeup, I had to do this to run new speaker wire into the doors.

I could have used this lol running speaker wire WITHOUT taking your fender off is VERY frustrating :lol:
By york62
Graham wrote:I never had to take my bumper off to get the fenders off :?

ok cool, i couldn't remember if you could or not, so i put it in anyway
By Ej2-B16a
#27503 lmao. fender can come off without taking off bumper or side skirt.. lol

theres like 4 bolts in the engine bay. and i belive 2 or 3 on the outside.. just gatta open your door.. lolollol.. nice write up tho..
By Graham
york62 wrote:There now that that is off, the bottom bolt for the fender are exposed! There is also two screws when you open the door, the bottom one is a little stubborn.

You cant get to that bolt with the sideskirt on
By Ej2-B16a
#27511 u still dont have to remove the complete side skirt.......
By york62
B16nintyfiveCoupe wrote:u still dont have to remove the complete side skirt.......

No you dont but you woudl have to pry and bend your side skirt, i would rather just take it off, than risk breaking it.
By sqsi
york62 wrote:
B16nintyfiveCoupe wrote:u still dont have to remove the complete side skirt.......

No you dont but you woudl have to pry and bend your side skirt, i would rather just take it off, than risk breaking it.

I agree with you there.
By BAXTER_EJ1
york62 wrote:

X2

Doesn't look credible when someone says "You don't have to do this" then changes it too "Ok well you don't have to COMPLETELY do it" :eh:
By vtec_gloucester
#27611 good write up fella.

the first time i took my front wing off it took me soooooo long to realize there was a bolt under the side skirt. :lol:
By york62
MKennedy86 wrote:
york62 wrote:

X2

Doesn't look credible when someone says "You don't have to do this" then changes it too "Ok well you don't have to COMPLETELY do it" :eh:

ya man your right...

and vtec_gloucester, same here, back in the day i was pissed and bent the fender all up haha, so i didnt want anyone else doing so!
By BAXTER_EJ1
#27762 Try taking off your mud guards at midnight with only the light from your cellphone and a not-so-short-stubby screwdriver lol. Without taking your wheels off...man I should have waited.