Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By hmobeg
#246963 i picked up a cf evo hood but cuse there a tiny crack in it the guy painted it primer black so i need to strip it but dont want to damage to cf finish in doing so can anyone help. . . . . . . . . . minarle spirts i thought but not sure :? thanks
By 94EJ2
#246974 that might work but it will probably take the clear coat off the cf so you would have to re clear coat it
By hmobeg
#246984 ya dont wanna do that
By Flatland_EG
#247035 I'd hate say it but you might be SOL.
I haven't dealt much with CF but it can be tricky.
I'm wondering if you can use a process similar to polishing wheels, start with a course grit of sand paper and work your way up to finer and finer grits until you get to the polishing stage and then break out the DA and buff away.
Maybe even leave out the buffing portion and just hit it with a new layer of clear coat.
By 92_eghatch
#247922 is the whole thing covered in primer? if so, you can take a board sander to it with say like...600 grit wet dry sandpaper. sand it evenly to, once you're close to breaking through to the clear, use 800, 1000, 1500, 2000. use the 1500 and 2000 once you're to the clear coat. if you're handy with a buffer USE it to bring the shine back. but be careful you don't heat up the clear too much cause you'll burn it, and will have to reclear it. and i'm not sure if the heated spot would warp the CF. so that's something to think about.

should be fine though. just be careful.