Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By quietman3212
#242238 Do the rear bumper body kits that appear to have a diffuser actually function as such? Or is it simply aesthetic?

I'm looking for one to function correctly, and not also change the overall look of the car.
By dbrooks
#242242 If its on some cheap "bomex" kit or whatever, probably not. I know a company that would probably custom make one for you though. They have good prices too!! :thumb:

http://shineautoproject.com/
By quietman3212
#242879 What I'm kind of comparing my thoughts to is, if you've ever played Forza, the Forza brand rear bumper, but not to that extreme.

I understand that people make holes across the rear bumper, but I was trying to avoid that. Not completely sure that's something I'd want to do.

And, on that site, they don't advertise for civics.
By Classiccarsrule85
#242888 why not just track down a vx rear diffuser thing it fits in the drivers side whole i dont know much about fitment to the coupes and sedans tho im sure you could find a way heres a pic of what im talking about

these are not my pictures so if the original owner wishes i will take them down

anyhow that is what i am talking about im sure it can be found possibly still at honda but either way its better in my opinion then chopping holes into the rear bumper....
By NemoEG.510
Classiccarsrule85 wrote:why not just track down a vx rear diffuser thing it fits in the drivers side whole i dont know much about fitment to the coupes and sedans tho im sure you could find a way heres a pic of what im talking about

these are not my pictures so if the original owner wishes i will take them down

anyhow that is what i am talking about im sure it can be found possibly still at honda but either way its better in my opinion then chopping holes into the rear bumper....

$75.00 :thumbdown:
http://www.jhpusa.com/store/pc/viewPrd. ... tegory=184
By 92_eghatch
#244100 just get some thin sheet metal and make something of your own? who knows? ...maybe it will turn out so well that you will end up throwing a patent on it and selling it for a couple hundred each lol.

one can dream right...?

BUT seriously... it wouldn't be that hard to make something simple out of sheet metal... you could even start off making a template out of cardboard so you don't hack up the sheet metal and screw it up lol.

something to think about :)