Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By poorman type-r
#241313 Nope. If anything it would be just wrapped in that carbon fiber vinyl, which you could do yourself.
By dbrooks
#241314 x2

I dont know how that would look either. Its ultimately up to you, but I would have to see it to decide. I say jump on it though :D
By TNFBandit
#241332 yeah i dont want to wrap it in vinyl. i want the real stuff
By TrailerTrash
#241370 I think it could look alright on the right car but isn't the overall point of carbon fiber to make heavy things lighter? i mean they are little strips of plastic... if you want the look just wrap it. i can't see paying for actual carbon fiber mouldings being worth it at all

to each his own
By Ajax1989
TrailerTrash wrote:I think it could look alright on the right car but isn't the overall point of carbon fiber to make heavy things lighter? i mean they are little strips of plastic... if you want the look just wrap it. i can't see paying for actual carbon fiber mouldings being worth it at all

to each his own

yeah open ur door and hit something
say bye bye to ur modlings
By 92_eghatch
#241607 honestly wouldn't be hard to do. if you have knowledge with fiberglass and resin, you can use CF and resin... all you would have to do is make like mold of the old strips.....lay the CF in the mold.....resin.....and when figuring out a way of attachment. you should be able to adhere the clips right to the molding strips. only problem would be flexibility lol. once you clip them on, they're not going to have any give if you try taking them off lol.

if you smacked your door into something, or someone did the same to you. it would hold up very well. i mean...gotta think if companies make full chassis out of the stuff and hold up to high speeds. i think a DIY CF molding strip would hold up to a random car door bump. especially if you did it VAC bagging and exposed it to high temperatures like factories do.

...just my two pennies...hope it helps.
By chrono404
#241610 I think it would be cool to see them Carbon Fiber. It would only look good if you have tons of Other CF parts such as CF Mirrors, Lips, Skirt, ETC...

I havn't seen an EG with CF Molding so it would be cool to see one done. :thumb: