Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By OleFolk
#240774 This is a separate question related to spray painting a car

Would metallic colors swirl if not even and too thick?
By TrailerTrash
teal_dx wrote:
I couldn't find a build thread of your car... do you have one? I'd like to see the transition from that to where it is now :thumb:

nah i never got around to making a build thread... one day... the cars come quite a ways in 15 months
By OleFolk
TrailerTrash wrote:
teal_dx wrote:
I couldn't find a build thread of your car... do you have one? I'd like to see the transition from that to where it is now :thumb:

nah i never got around to making a build thread... one day... the cars come quite a ways in 15 months

Il be waiting 8) :D
By deschlong
#240848 If it's the one in his sig pic it still looks like it's trashed (what's in a name)

Anyway - OP have you googled the 50$ paint job? Nicer finish and might even be cheaper than a dozen cans of fcuking spray paint.
By stussy_legend
#240965 Image
i did my car last summer, used 20-30 cans of spray paint, came out alright, as long as u know the steps right, and just remember, the prep work is very important.
By kagedws6
#241659 I'll hopefully be starting the same project soon. I need to replace my bumpers and fill in the rust around the rear wheel wells first or I might hit those with paint prior after I get some of the rust off atleast until I can pick up a welder. at that point I'll be starting project #2 that teal already did a write up on :) I love this site
By bserius
#250781 i had gotten a flat black ef hatch and it was in rough shape it was flat black so i got satin army green wetsanded the whole car and sprayed and it turned out amazing. i did the hood black again, got all new lights and wetsanded the tails and recleared them. then did interior with white and black checkered fabric on doors, headliner, and armrest i put in from dc2 teg along with white n black leather refinished crx seats. i put mk3 lip on front, amber corner and bumper lights, and white satin civic hx wheels. then sold it :(