Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By Ecc0
#239834 So I know people used to make these and there was a guy on Honda Tech selling these ages ago but I haven't been able to get in touch with im and have heard he's not about any more.

So was wondering if anyone knows where I can get on of these shipped to the UK am looking to get one for my Coupe as wanting to have her as light as possible.
By UpgrayeddEJ2
#239839 Yeah, I may be wrong but didn't that guy take a bunch of payments and never delivered ant of the roof caps?
Anyway, they were just caps that sat on the roof weren't they? I would just get some carbon fiber vinyl and lay that down. Replacing a coupes roof with carbon would only save a couple pounds but seriously take away from the cars rigidity. Plus I'm sure it would be a pain in the ass.
But you could always buy the carbon material and make the roof mold yourself.
By Ecc0
#239923 Yeah was thinking of doing a skin but would like to do a sun roof delet but really don't like the look of the sun roof bungs

a frend of mine has a classic mini with a b series engine in it and he got a roof cap made for it and as it was so rigid he cut his old roof out and fitted the cap so was thinking this would work for my coupe (tin opener style)
By Flatland_EG
#239991 If you decide to just wrap it, go with 3M Di Noc, it looks freaking bad ass. :thumb:
By asianrob
#240052 www.s2carbonworks.com sells carbon roof caps for hatches and i think maybe even coupes too.
By Ecc0
#240116 Nice one thanks for that have had a look they don't show coupé roofs on the site so will need to Email them and see if they do and if they will post out to the UK
By asianrob
Ecc0 wrote:Nice one thanks for that have had a look they don't show coupé roofs on the site so will need to Email them and see if they do and if they will post out to the UK

no problem i think these cats are located here in oklahoma. OKC to be exact.
By 92_eghatch
#241742 don't think it would take away from structural support, but it wouldn't save much weight. CF is one of the strongest materials so...won't make the car fold in half lol.