Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By Ajax1989
#237959 nice, so why does the lines in the stock headlights mess up the light output?

if i ever went to projectors, id do denji's with stock glass/plastic like
miss_honda :thumb:
By 92civic_vx
#237963 where did you pick up the digital AC bllasts and bulbs? thinking of doing this to my eg8 and dont want to worry about flickering all the time
By DLC
92civiclx wrote:where did you pick up the digital AC bllasts and bulbs? thinking of doing this to my eg8 and dont want to worry about flickering all the time

ebay seller Autohidguy is where I got mine. Item number 290522420475
Made in Japan, not cheapo Chinese crap.
By cesash
#237976 sweet headlights :)
By DLC
94_jdm_ferio wrote:nice, so why does the lines in the stock headlights mess up the light output?

if i ever went to projectors, id do denji's with stock glass/plastic like
miss_honda :thumb:

Lighting characteristics of HID vs. halogen are completely different. For the same reason you don't put HID bulbs in halogen housings, you don't run HID projectors with fluted lenses. Here is a picture with the same HID projector behind a fluted and a non-fluted lense for comparison:

By s3eg6
#243358 Wicked job,

i'm waiting for my D2S mini morimoto kit. cant wait to have a better night driving experience .
By Eg6H2D
DLC wrote:
LX_Sedan wrote: It doesn't look too bad.

Is that sorta good or sorta bad? :?

LX_Sedan wrote: I saw those projectors at theretrofitsource.com Did you get them there?

They are the same ones that they sell at theretrofitsource but I actually picked them up on ebay here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 0489062574

The headlights also came from ebay. They are TYC headlights. The projectors don't do well with the stock fluted lense headlights, you need a clear lense like these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... MEWNX%3AIT

I used digital AC output ballasts with HID bulbs. Don't waste your time with the cheap DC ballasts on ebay because they aren't consistent and flicker.

Sexy!!!! I love bright lights and able to see things that go bump in the night.. lol.
By s3eg6
#256904 Here is my finished Mini morimoto D2s 5000k 55watt with E46 shroud

.next step install later tonight

By kingjmack
s3eg6 wrote:Here is my finished Mini morimoto D2s 5000k 55watt with E46 shroud

Looks good man!!! Can't wait to see pics installed!
By s3eg6
#257208 Image