Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By TrailerTrash
#233987 I got an idea one day looking at my sisters wrecked Chevrolet Corsica sitting in our front yard... "that lip looks like it would fit"

For those of you who don't know what a Corsica is:
the bottom part of the front lip comes off with a dozen or so screws(not needed) and you have a decent little lip that you can probably get at a junkyard for less than $10. *Not all Corsicas have this extra piece at the bottom of the bumper*

Let's begin with what you need.

tools

a handful of self tapping screws

and of course the lip itself

there are tabs on the lip and slots on the bumper that match up perfectly

have a friend hold the lip in place, line it up, and put 2 screws in the very front to hold it in place. there are holes/slots in the very middle of the bumper and lip so getting it exactly center is easy.

you may need to trim the bumper slightly. there were things that got in the way of the lip on both sides
the lip does not curve perfectly with the bumper but it is close enough for my standards and not noticeable unless you get down and examine it

check for fitment of both sides

then again with a friend holding it in place for you start putting more screws in. work from the front out the sides and take your time. mine came from a wrecked car so its a little broke i had to use a ziptie on the end to hold it in place.

when it is secure check fitment again just to be sure its lined up on both sides and it it is warped you may need to put some more screws in to hold it down.

should look like this when finished. again mine is warped and scuffed up a bit but it won't be expensive to find a nice one in a junkyard. if yours is scuffed at the bottom and has shreds on it trim it carefully with a razor blade to remove the "hair"

Finished product!

And you are done! If you aren't into a Type R lip or Mugen lip or what have you this may be an extremely cheap alternative. it's not for everyone but I hope everyone enjoyed reading :thumb:

Thanks for reading!
By Chance
#233995 Different! :thumb:
By cjw_89
#234099 agreed.But type lip is :thumb: to me hands down :) We need more creative people like you on the site :thumb: Ill be looking at every car going down the road now to see what is compatible lmao.Thanks but i know of no corsica in my area :(
By OleFolk
#234137 He strikes again
Much respect my friend :thumb:
By TrailerTrash
#234142 I honestly didn't expect it to be well liked at all.

you are too kind :thumb:
By Ajax1989
#234143 nice coupe
nd nice diy!
By chrono404
#234154 Good DIY, As many of stated before I wouldn't have though of trying that. I tip my hat to your Orignality, Keep it up. :thumb:

It looks like it will be quite functional at moving air around, However I am not a big Fan of how it Looks.
By Ecc0
#234170 I was all ready to hate on this and you know what because it looks different and the lines work on it I have to give you one of these

:thumb: