Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By Flatland_EG
#233743 Whether you hate them, like them, think they're rice or not I'd just like to hear what some of you guys think of them.

Personally I kind of like them, they're just not that common in my area and I kind of like the look, plus I like to be a little different than everybody else. :)
They also have the advantage of making visibility clearer at night when it's hazy, foggy, rainy or snowing.

What I actually want to do it get a set of clear headlight covers and spray them with yellow anodizing so I can remove them if need be, I'm thinking ahead a little. :thumb:
NOTE: Not my car
Last edited by Flatland_EG on Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
By cjw_89
#233755 im kinda feeling it but those fogs i hate with a passion!! I say if you have a spare set go for it.You may have some chipping issues though so be prepared to do touch ups 8)

Try and get a pic of an eg with eg fogs and yellow headlights
By Flatland_EG
#233761 The key to painting the clear headlight covers is to paint the inside then there's no problem with chipping. :thumb:

I do want fogs as well, just the regular white ones though. :)
All in good time.
By blk92hb
#233809 i like them it has that rolex race car look to them. i wouldnt paint them though. there is a company that makes a vinyl headlight and taillight covers that you can take off when ever you want but i dont know what the companys name is.
By Ajax1989
#233811 go down to the ur local parts store and they should have yellow window tint, that works

bu you gotta be carefull of where you live the police might not like the
fact that ur headlighs are yellow

out here in cali thats a no-no
By Carfanatic
#233826 Yellow window stickers ;) Works perfect. better then spray paint
By hatchie
#233839 Imp they raw but yes illegal everywhere. Lami-x is the company btw
By jred
#233840 Yellow headlights are SICK :hehe: :hehe:
they make your car look like a real hard core racing machine

too bad the fuzz don't like em :roll:
i personally want yellow lights but the charge here for those kinda mods is $1000+ so that has me thinking twice
By blk92hb
Imp they raw but yes illegal everywhere. Lamin-x is the company btw
thank you thats the companys name
By {ikon}EM1
#233893 Stupid question... if the film/paint or what have you on the headlight is yellow will the light shinning through be yellow too??? Even if u have hids????
By rtegra92
#233930 I used a yellow film with a heat gun it worked great

this is the film i used

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Headligh ... 2279wt_941

This is how they turned out
By Flatland_EG
#233947 How did you work around the little nubs on the headlights? I can see those as being a PITA.

I know about the film but I want something I can take on or off at a moments notice, for instance, if I do get pulled over I can just take them off while the officer is still there and save myself a ticket and them put them back on during the day. I don't think I have to worry about that here though because the cops don't even care about cars rolling around with under body neon/LEDs.

Here's exactly what I'm talking about doing.
I guess you could call them Quick release Yellow Headlights. :)
Getting these:
And painting them with this on the inside of the cover: