Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By kingjmack
EGg OH! wrote:How did you work around the little nubs on the headlights? I can see those as being a PITA.

I know about the film but I want something I can take on or off at a moments notice, for instance, if I do get pulled over I can just take them off while the officer is still there and save myself a ticket and them put them back on during the day. I don't think I have to worry about that here though because the cops don't even care about cars rolling around with under body neon/LEDs.

Here's exactly what I'm talking about doing.
I guess you could call them Quick release Yellow Headlights. :)
Getting these:
And painting them with this on the inside of the cover:

Keep us updated. Im interested to see how this works out for you.
By rtegra92
#233958 the heat gun softens the film and it just kinda forms over the nubs,

you can use a heat gun to take it off to no probs, im sure you can pick at it with out a heat gun too, but prolly a little sticky
By {ikon}EM1
#233964 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Does it shine yellow!!!!!??????^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Or does the hid's shine through white????
By Gustavo
#233974 My friend had yellow headlights n he got pulled over n took them off. But i on the other hand wanna get green headlights. I'll probably get pulled ova.
By blk92hb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Does it shine yellow!!!!!??????^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
yes it would
By deschlong
Gustavo wrote:My friend had yellow headlights n he got pulled over n took them off. But i on the other hand wanna get green headlights. I'll probably get pulled ova.

:facepalm: You need to do some reading. See the section "What about light loss due to filtration?"
By Gustavo
deschlong wrote:
Gustavo wrote:My friend had yellow headlights n he got pulled over n took them off. But i on the other hand wanna get green headlights. I'll probably get pulled ova.

:facepalm: You need to do some reading. See the section "What about light loss due to filtration?"

:thumbdown:
By rtegra92
Gustavo wrote:
deschlong wrote:

:thumbdown:

double :thumbdown: :thumbdown: but interesting none the less :zzz:
By deschlong
#234153 Yeah - pretty interesting stuff if you're not allergic to reading.

Basically - White, Yellow are OK
Other colours - (Blue, Green(?!?!), etc.) not so much.
By Flatland_EG
#234175 I was doing a little reading on light colors a while back, non auto related, and found out that green light doesn't startle animals near as much as much as white, blue or yellow. So long story short, I was thinking, why not green headlights?
It's obvious now that it's a crap color for visibility. :D