Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By M Riley
#233625 For years I've noticed millions of companies who sell amber corner lights. I for one like them and don't care much if it's a knock off or the real thing. To me lights are lights. For those who are looking for the real deal or something close to the original. My question is, what are true OEM JDM corner lights? Clear, dark amber, light amber????
By Carfanatic
#233629 These are the real OEM JDM/EDM Corner lights:

By Ajax1989
#233630 ^ what he said

they light up amber still but there oem in japan market and the europen market, and other countrys
By ImThaBean
#233640 MOST amber corners like those are all knock offs. The only Real JDM are the ones made by Vision. The Vision brand is aftermarket JDM (think DC headers, AEM, etc.). IIRC they sell amber and smoked amber.
By Ajax1989
ImThaBean wrote:MOST amber corners like those are all knock offs. The only Real JDM are the ones made by Vision. The Vision brand is aftermarket JDM (think DC headers, AEM, etc.). IIRC they sell amber and smoked amber.

no 5th gen civic came from the facotry with ambers

if its not made by stanely then its not oem
all the lights made for our hondas are stanely

anything other then the usdm stock and what
carfanitc posted are aftermarket

people mix "real jdm" with what everyone thinks is "jdm"
real jdm= oem honda from japan or anyother country that has them
jdm= ebay, aka black housing headlights, amber corners, red/clear taillights etc
By ImThaBean
#233701 Yes and no, JDM is Japanese domestic market, which one would deduce that if it is available to the Japanese, it would be considered JDM.

That has always been my opinion though.
By Ajax1989
#233706 jdm is the japan market as edm is the europe market as cdm is the canadain market

any market can get any part and call it jdm

but OP asked wat is OEM japan
ambers are NOT OEM from japan or any market
ambers are aftermarket

now what everyone calls "jdm" is like the black housing headlights and shit
there is nothing OEM about those parts other then they're oem style

yeah everyone has there own idea about "jdm"
but to me there is 2 "jdm" styles

you got real JDM which is what come STOCK in japan
then u got JDM which is like i said the parts everyone considers JDM

which one would deduce that if it is available to the Japanese, it would be considered JDM

so our usdm corners are jdm to other markets??
By asianrob
which one would deduce that if it is available to the Japanese, it would be considered JDM

so our usdm corners are jdm to other markets??[/quote]

our USDM corners are USDM to other markets. i think North America is the only continent that had Half amber half clear.

while every one else that had a serial number had clear.

oh and JDM = Japanese domestic market (and that includes aftermarket as well. yes because there are lots and lots of things that are aftermarket that dont make it to North American shores because it doesnt pass DOT. how ever that does not mean you can buy/own those items)
By ImThaBean
#233897 Thanks. You explained it better than I did. But that is what I was trying to say.

and that avatar gif you have is the most B.A. thing I have seen in a long time. It's at the top of the corkscrew at Laguna Seca, no?
By Eg6H2D
ImThaBean wrote:MOST amber corners like those are all knock offs. The only Real JDM are the ones made by Vision. The Vision brand is aftermarket JDM (think DC headers, AEM, etc.). IIRC they sell amber and smoked amber.

:thumb:
By Ajax1989
#233906 its a lost cause to even try to argue about whats jdm or not

but whatever anyones view on it
what Carfanatic posted
are OEM which OP asked for
By JangoFeet08
#234436 My EDM has those lights in the first pic.
By {ikon}EM1
ImThaBean wrote: The only Real JDM are the ones made by Vision.

I thought the "real" jdm lights were made from stanley?????
By Ajax1989
{ikon}EM1 wrote:
ImThaBean wrote: The only Real JDM are the ones made by Vision.

I thought the "real" jdm lights were made from stanley?????

this is true

STANLEY never made AMBER corners

stanley = real oem jdm
anything else = knock off jdm