Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By LaosToaster
#232743 thanks man, yea all i needa do now is find a way to bolt it up.
By Gustavo
#232746 I knew u could do it, I had faith in u :angel: Good job bro n it looks nice. :thumb:
By LaosToaster
#232801 thanks man, yea mine is a lil bit below stock height. but i think they work more effectively if ur rides low, especially for the front diffuser. i MIGHT start to do the front diffuser, and thats a big MIGHT. needa do some research before tackling that one.

and imma edit the first post of this thread to be all my DIYs and hopefully moderators will sticky this :thumb: PLEASE STICKY!! or else i delete muahaha :twisted: jk :D
Last edited by LaosToaster on Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
By TrailerTrash
#232811 great job dude looks wicked :thumb: :thumb:

i am in favor of the sticky!
By LaosToaster
#233555 I guess imma work on mounting my diffuser, will post up pics when im done :thumb: WHERES MY STICKYY!?! :x lol jk
By Flatland_EG
#233560 I thought I might add some input, after reading the DIY, for anybody else who might want to try this.

I was reading your DIY and seen you mentioned cutting yourself, you might want to put a warning on your post somewhere, especially since you're using galvanized metal. It's possible, but not to likely to get poisoning from a small cut from the galvanized metal but it can get infected pretty bad, plus I've seen people get cut to the bone on that stuff, it's sharp as hell. SAFETY FIRST :thumb:

There are also cutters made specifically for cutting this type of metal. There's "aviation shears" that make cutting thin sheet metal a breeze as well as "tin snips" which are like heavy duty scissors, you still have to work a little with these, especially on thicker sheet metal but they work great and are the cheaper of the two, both of which you can find at your local hardware store.

:)
By Ecc0
EGg OH! wrote:I thought I might add some input, after reading the DIY, for anybody else who might want to try this.

I was reading your DIY and seen you mentioned cutting yourself, you might want to put a warning on your post somewhere, especially since you're using galvanized metal. It's possible, but not to likely to get poisoning from a small cut from the galvanized metal but it can get infected pretty bad, plus I've seen people get cut to the bone on that stuff, it's sharp as hell. SAFETY FIRST :thumb:

There are also cutters made specifically for cutting this type of metal. There's "aviation shears" that make cutting thin sheet metal a breeze as well as "tin snips" which are like heavy duty scissors, you still have to work a little with these, especially on thicker sheet metal but they work great and are the cheaper of the two, both of which you can find at your local hardware store.

:)

Well said have a sticker

Great build thread, have you driven with it fitted yet and if so what's your views on its effectiveness???

Also how much flex is there in the flat surface of the diffuser and the fins???
By LaosToaster
#233659 i think it will be moderatly effective. for a rear diffuser to be fully effective i believe it has to cover the whole rear end, like the sides and rear wheel wells also. But this first attempt is still pretty good. and on the flexing part i dont think it will flex much because of the 90 degree bars that are on each sides stiffens up the diffuser. it would be good also if u had a slightly thicker sheet metal, mine when i bought it was rolled up. thanks for the sticker i will put a warning on the first post 8)

EDIT: and no i havent even mounted it up yet to drive with it. i have alot of other things to do to my car which i did only did half the things i need before i start on the diffuser again. and i have a backache :(
By kapow
#242507 I really want to do this, but at the same time I like to show off my beaks/sway bar/LCA :(

Just subscribed though, good stuff mate ^^
By kapow
#242509 Image

Originally Posted by fatboyz39
why not run without a bar?

i like to look at it as wearing a g-string
having it on shows ure flesh but still got a bit of material to keep ure diginity
where as walkin around naked people think ure a bum
same theory on yonas civic leave some on to still resemble a rear bar rather than take the whoel thing off and be ghetto :P

(I copied this from ozhonda.com thought it was funny and relevant here) lol
By dbrooks
#242519 Dude! This is sweet!! :thumb: Good work!
By LaosToaster
#242520 Thanks, I still haven't m/ounted it yet its jus laying against the wall on my garage lol. I've been busy just tryin to get my car registered and make it run safely just to let everyone kno why its not done yet. But it'll be done very soon I hope.