Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By LaosToaster
#231597 I worked on it for about 3 hours last night and I have lots of pics and did a lot of measurements. The way I measured was pretty effective, didn't really make any trial and errors. So far I made the base template I will post pics up later cuz I'm at work right now

Difficulty: 5 out of 10
By Gustavo
#231610 Pics please! :thumb:
By TrailerTrash
pandapoo4u wrote:
Gustavo wrote:Pics please! :thumb:

agreed you might start a trend

x2

i got a sheet of diamond plate sitting in my garage waiting for measurements and pics of mounting points!
By butta75
#231688 Wow that looks really good. You put some hours into it. Ever think about doing one in the front too?
By LaosToaster
#231760 yea i thought about it, i would think doing a front diffuser would be easier to make but the problem would be where to mount it on. i heard it can create so much downforce it'll rip off ur bumper, thats why u gotta put some support rods, something like what nascars have on theirs.
By Gustavo
#231800 Nice! :thumb: Now lets c the finish product.
By teal_dx
#231807 great DIY so far!

Looking at it under the car, that front part that is 6 1/2" long might be better off not there. it looks like that might pick up some air on top of the diffuser rather than under it. :? I'd make it begin right behind the rear subframe.

What do you think?
By {ikon}EM1
#231808 Ok ok ok... I'm now keeping my eye on this one... at first I thought it was just a dream for u to do... then seeing the 2.5 - 3hrs of work on a template, all I can say is good job hope it comes out good... :thumb:

Edit: what r u going to bolt it to when the final product comes out anyways...
By LaosToaster
#231809 thanks guys

i will see what i can do tonight. hopefully i have enough material :eh:

im still figuring how imma bolt it up, any suggestions??
By LaosToaster
teal_dx wrote:great DIY so far!

Looking at it under the car, that front part that is 6 1/2" long might be better off not there. it looks like that might pick up some air on top of the diffuser rather than under it. :? I'd make it begin right behind the rear subframe.

What do you think?

u might be right, but i suppose u can go both ways, u can cut it off to the subframe or leave it alone. u can use ur template and when placing down ur sheet metal( or whatever ur using) and just stop it at the subframe, no need to cut up the template incase u wanna do a longer design.

i have a feeling ppl are misunderstanding that this isnt the actual diffuser, the cardboard piece(template) is what ur gonna use to design ur diffuser with ur choice of material. :thumb:

imma need to continue my DIY, im gonna be using fiberglass on this one.

EDIT: i forgot to tell u that im not gonna have the diffuser stop right below the fuel tank, theres a bit of room to have it sit just behind so air wont go above the diffuser.
Last edited by LaosToaster on Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
By pandapoo4u
#231815 damn man its looking good i agree with stopping at the rear subframe plus it gives you a place to mount that side

as for the other side i would make a braket that would mold into the spare tire area and let it hang 1/8 of an inch for air to travel through but thats just an idea
By TrailerTrash
#231853 dang this is coming along nicely! good work so far dude i love how your so detailed :thumb: