Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By pandapoo4u
Gustavo wrote:
LaosToaster wrote:so i mocked up one out of cardboard, but stupid me forgot to take it off while taking her for a ride, now its gone..LOL :lol:

:lol: Make another 1. I wanna c it.

x2
By TrailerTrash
JD_Lazi wrote:i think it would look like that. if thats what you mean

I think this looks extremely wicked :shock: I absolutely love it. I want close up pics and lots of them i wanna make one for my coupe
By LaosToaster
#231413 alright i will attempt this one since it looks the easiest to make. but its not gonna be out of some metal, it should be but i have no cutting tools, i might make mine out of fiberglass.
By LaosToaster
#231479 yes it will, well maybe, cuz my muffler is huge and i might not be able to have the template to reach the right side of the muffler(right rear wheel well) if not imma jus make a seperate piece for that side.

im contiplating whether or not to do metal

one con for metal if i was gonna do metal is that i wont be able to have much bends.

pro for fiberglass is i can be pretty flexible with the design.
con is its weaker than metal, unless i add a bunch of layers of fiberglass.

i might do a mix of both, like metal for the center piece like the grey eg, and the sides with fiberglass.

i gotta start out with a template made out of carboard which i get plenty of at my work. i will post pics when i get started on it. :thumb:
By LaosToaster
#231597 I worked on it for about 3 hours last night and I have lots of pics and did a lot of measurements. The way I measured was pretty effective, didn't really make any trial and errors. So far I made the base template I will post pics up later cuz I'm at work right now

Difficulty: 5 out of 10
By Gustavo
#231610 Pics please! :thumb:
By TrailerTrash
pandapoo4u wrote:
Gustavo wrote:Pics please! :thumb:

agreed you might start a trend

x2

i got a sheet of diamond plate sitting in my garage waiting for measurements and pics of mounting points!
By butta75
#231688 Wow that looks really good. You put some hours into it. Ever think about doing one in the front too?
By LaosToaster
#231760 yea i thought about it, i would think doing a front diffuser would be easier to make but the problem would be where to mount it on. i heard it can create so much downforce it'll rip off ur bumper, thats why u gotta put some support rods, something like what nascars have on theirs.
By Gustavo
#231800 Nice! :thumb: Now lets c the finish product.
By teal_dx
#231807 great DIY so far!

Looking at it under the car, that front part that is 6 1/2" long might be better off not there. it looks like that might pick up some air on top of the diffuser rather than under it. :? I'd make it begin right behind the rear subframe.

What do you think?