Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By cjw_89
#227023 Hey eveyone im gettin a set of fog lights in the future.When i do, i want to know what to buy.I want the yellow lighs for sure,but how is egays quality?Is the dash switch good/equal quality and feel compared to stock...Im looking for do's dnt's and opinions anyone and eveyone!! Thanks
By FunctionX
#227026 From what I know, there are mixed reviews for "egay"
Some say it works perfectly fine, while others encounter problems a couple of weeks later.
Last edited by FunctionX on Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
By ghskid06
#227027 also, im not sure but i dont think the ebay switches match the interior.
By ImThaBean
#227075 I can use some of this advice too. I'm in the same boat right now.

From what I have read, there is a issue with rewiring. - can't find thread on it.

and the relay is JUNK, just go out and buy a quality relay and toss the egay one.
By 1995db7
#227078 i got a set from egay and here is my experience with them.

1.the switch does not match the dash as it is black and very shitty built,the "sticker" they use as the fog light indicator on the switch fell off two days later but i crazy glued it back on lol.

2.the relay is garbage(i used my own),wiring wise i used the same it came with but i wired it up my way

3.bulbs it came with also garbage but i installed a set of 6k hids on them and haven't had any issues so far(hids also from egay).over all if you don't wanna spend too much money and are willing to work with them a little then i would say go for it
By Ajax1989
#227082 if u cant afford the oem stanleys
depo are the next best thing

ive had no probs wit mine
and depo is not ebay brand
By asianrob
#227089 I've bought the Ebay ones which where Depo's which is a good brand.
mine lasted at 4+ years when i owned them. the switch i had matched the interiors only thing is after soo long the decal on the switch starts to fade but this is like after 3 years.

i consistently used them every night. i've never had any problems with them.

just my .02. and at that time (03 or 04?) i paid 70 bucks shipped for them. which was decent now a days they are cheaper.
By cjw_89
#227206 Thanks for all the feedback fellas.I have a cdm eh3 that i am restoring to dd status.I was thinking on buying the actual jdm switch that goes on the opposite side of the rear defrost.Also what other type of relay can i use?
By Ajax1989
#227234 any 12v 4 wire hook up
i did a friends foglight wiring harness from scratch
and we used his redefroster relay

so if u can get one along those lines or hit up your local junk yard(that u pull ur own parts off) and take a few in your pocket lol
By deschlong
    Switch is crap. Get a real one as others have stated.
    In fact, get the whole OEM JDM harness and modify it like I tell you to do here: http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?p=38728883
    If you have a 92/93 you will have to run a wire to the bumper to power the lights. If you want a real one (BLU/RED) you can pull this from a 94/95.
    There was some pretty shyte QC on the set I bought. One screw that holds the housing closed wasn't threaded. Bracket, bezels, lens are all good qual though, IMO.
    Basically, you should buy the lights for the bumper parts and throw everything else away.
By ImThaBean
#227820 There are 2 types of aftermarket fog lights. the $30(ish) shipped Chinese knock-offs or the $70(ish) shipped DEPO's. The Depo lights coem with a OE grey switch so it matches the interior and the knock-offs come with a cheap black switcha nd HORRIBLE fog label.

I bought the Depo set and it SHOULD be here today. I will take pics and as soon as I install I'll give opinions.
By cjw_89
#227880 keep us posted.Pics and more pics of the install switch and harness:D
By ImThaBean
#227930 I was planning on yusing yoru DIY Ferio, I even had it bookmarked and stashed away. too bad I had ANOTHER FedEx FAIL! They didn't leave my package at my door (was at work) so I had to call and have them reroute it to a FedEx Office location to pick it up after work TOMORROW! DAMMIT.

Eother way, as soon as I get em and install, I'll post pics.
By Greasedmonkey
#227990 OEM = Win

All others = Fail.

Ive been on the receiving end of two fail sets. one from ebay and one from weksos. wont step foot in that baot again. I have a set of oem stanley clear fogs and wont ever get anything else ever again. The wiring you get is fukking uber facepalm fail. oem or nothing. you get what you pay for.