Appearance, Paint & Body Work

Painted Plastic Trim

55%
45%
By Clarkypoo
#220818 I'm thinking of painting my car Rustoleum Almond and was wondering if you guys think it looks better with painted molding and lips or without
By butta75
#220826 You should just go ahead and paint them to match the car. If you dont like it, you can easily undo it with a can of satin black.
By teal_dx
#220855 I think it helps to look more like OEM without. with it all painted, it can look like you didnt want to take the time to mask anything off.

But I've seen some with the lower bumpers & skirts painted and it helps the car to appear lower I think.
By chrono404
butta75 wrote:You should just go ahead and paint them to match the car. If you dont like it, you can easily undo it with a can of satin black.

x2

If your Paint your Door Handles and Lips/Side Skirt then yes paint the trim. Makes it look cleanier.

However if you are not going to paint those then leave it unpainted.

I am Personally painting my Sedan next week and will be painting The Mirrors side molding, Lips, Side Skirt, and of course the rest of the body.

Having it all painted makes the car look like a higher trim level car. Just like(in the US) The Civic EX had Body Color Mirrors, and Door Handles.

Plus if you dont like it its MUCH MUCH easier to paint the trim black then to color match the paint you used.

Try playing with colors in photoshop and see how you like it.
By D16Z6 fan
#220895 I like it when the lips/side skirts, handles, mirrors are painted and the molding is left black. I think it helps visually define the cars body lines. :thumb: