Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By akflores488
#219202 Hello everyone its my first post i have been looking around quite a bit and currently have a 93 civic dx have many plans for it first is a good paint job however since it will cost a good amount would like to ask about some stuff i wanted to but on befor i paint it.

First issue is the body kit. I actualy like the factory body however do want to change a few things on it mostly for performance i would like to know it there are any body kits that will help reduce drag and make the car more aero dynamic or if there just for look. If there are i would like the ones that arent too extreme any links or pictures would be greatly apreaciated. aslo i plan to lower the car but not to much 1 or 2 inches maybe.

another thing is scoops are side and roof scoops worth it other then looks?
By teal_dx
akflores488 wrote:Hello everyone its my first post i have been looking around quite a bit and currently have a 93 civic dx have many plans for it first is a good paint job however since it will cost a good amount would like to ask about some stuff i wanted to but on befor i paint it.

akflores488 wrote:First issue is the body kit. I actualy like the factory body however do want to change a few things on it mostly for performance i would like to know it there are any body kits that will help reduce drag and make the car more aero dynamic or if there just for look. If there are i would like the ones that arent too extreme any links or pictures would be greatly apreaciated. aslo i plan to lower the car but not to much 1 or 2 inches maybe.
99% of body kits are there for looks only. The only ones I can think of that help with aerodynamics are the smoothed out front bumpers and one piece front clips that are found on drag cars. I've seen stock bumpers with the fog light holes filled in for less drag as well.

akflores488 wrote:another thing is scoops are side and roof scoops worth it other then looks?

Scoops are only functional if the air drawn in by them is used for something. Some expensive cars might use the air to cool the brakes or mid engine cars often use the air to feed the engine or cool the radiator, but none of those are really do-able on a civic.

You mentioned you liked the factory exterior... why not add a front lip and maybe some side skirts and a rear lip as well? That will give you the best of both worlds: factory bumpers but the lips will make the car look lower and maybe even help with aerodynamics. :thumb:
By akflores488
teal_dx wrote:You mentioned you liked the factory exterior... why not add a front lip and maybe some side skirts and a rear lip as well? That will give you the best of both worlds: factory bumpers but the lips will make the car look lower and maybe even help with aerodynamics. :thumb:

That actualy sound really good but i havent been able to find any front bumper lip is there any out there also wanted to ask about matirial
i know there are two diffrent fiber glass and poly-urethane are there any others?and what are the main differences of the two?