Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By OleFolk
Gustavo wrote:Wat u guys think.. Some people say i dont need 2 use primer, but i think i should. Wat do ya think?

Primer is pretty important
I wouldnt paint my car without it
The outcome when primer is used is noticeably better
By Gustavo
LaosToaster wrote:when i went to a paint shop i was about to do my paint job also and i asked for white primer paint. he asked me what u need it for. i said since imma paint my car white imma need white primer, he said u dont need primer only if u needa spray it over bondo or dents u repaired. i also believe he said primer is like a body filler u can sand out to get a smoother finish. and prepping is veryyyyyyyy important. had to learn the hard way. and if its ur first time using a spray gun u gotta practice a bit, i also had a problem with my spray gun clogging up which i got pissed at, so i had to rush the job cuz i passed the ppoint of no turning back :( . i think i spent $200 for everything. i bought it from some company off ebay.

I like 2 wet sand my primer b4 i paint n y was ur gun clogging did u not reduce it right?
By Cl9junky
Gustavo wrote:
chrono404 wrote:Autozone.com ship's.

2 Quarts should cover the outside + Jams of a EG. if doing engine bay and the intirity of the inside(like a stripped back end) then you will want more.

Yeah im painting the outside n the back part behind the driver n passenger seat n back.

Always a good idea to have extra paint laying around in case of a boo boo, i hope it never happens.

Once mixed it will be harder to get a prefect match if you have to remix paint for a touch up of somthing.
By Gustavo
Cl9junky wrote:
Gustavo wrote:
chrono404 wrote:Autozone.com ship's.

2 Quarts should cover the outside + Jams of a EG. if doing engine bay and the intirity of the inside(like a stripped back end) then you will want more.

Yeah im painting the outside n the back part behind the driver n passenger seat n back.

Always a good idea to have extra paint laying around in case of a boo boo, i hope it never happens.

Once mixed it will be harder to get a prefect match if you have to remix paint for a touch up of somthing.

I know it would b hard 2 blend some colors but is white really hard 2 blend in. Well i know if u spray championship white n then go back wit just regular white it'll show but if u blend championship white wit championship white i think it'll b hard 2c small mistakes. Especially cause white hides dings n stuff very well.
By 95_relio
#347515 How good was that dupli color paint
Auto shop paint?