Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By 94coupeturbo
#216713 Well I hope this post goes in the section figured it did lol. I have a 94 Dx with no sunroof and was wondering how hard it is to install a sunroof as I like the look, I have looked on the search but could not find anything. So thoughts and opinions on this would help a lot and what is required or if it is just to much work to do would help. TIA
By 93hatcheg
#216714 personnaly bud i wouldnt put one in. from what i have read and researched they will leak. i guess its extramly hard to make them not leak and even professionally installed ones leak at least thats what i hear. thats why my cx doesnt have one lol.

i mean if this was a weekend warrior that never saw water i guess it wouldnt be too hard and would be cool. idk what your car ius used for primarily tho.

good luck :thumb:
By 94coupeturbo
#216716 Ok thanks that is what I was looking for I would rather have no leak lol. Thanks for you help there, it will be a daily driver soon as I use my Cherokee right now. I can save money and paint the car and get rid of the teal :)
By Clarkypoo
#216735 just an idea but could you get the entire roof off of a civic with a stock sunroof. you'd have to chop the pillars and stuff like you would chop the top of a hot rod. it would take a lot of fabricating though
By 94coupeturbo
#216923 Most likely but like 93hatcheg they leak as well, I do not feel like fabricating anything to the extent of that. My next thing is a stock spoiler to put on cause they look slim and nice they paint the car black
By RyVcZ
#222414 you could probably opt to look for a surplus roofcut w/ sunroof from Japan then have em professionally installed replacing your original roof. that's how we do it here in our country since we have have many shops that import japanese junks :hehe:
By asianrob
Clarkypoo wrote:just an idea but could you get the entire roof off of a civic with a stock sunroof. you'd have to chop the pillars and stuff like you would chop the top of a hot rod. it would take a lot of fabricating though

You DONT NEED to cut the Pillars off the roof panel it self is a seperate panel.

and there is a guy on here that did this to his EK but did the opposite way around he deleted the sunroof from his hatch

you can get the roof skin for it. its just getting some one to do it.

http://www.civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=5789&start=0
By J_D_M
#244077 sorry for dragging this topic out from the dust, but stumbled on it. my 93 coupe is a DX model and I installed a sunroof in it, doesnt leak. Personally i think its worth it, having sunroof is pure OG in my mind lol
By cjw_89
#244090 First off teal is sexy as hell. I love the color. Second honda fixed they're leaky eg roofs in 95. They have a drain pain directly under the whole seal with drains on 4 corners. You need to remove both front and rear glass,then remove the strips on each side of your roof. It is held together by seam sealer and spot welds. Get a spot weld cutter and stick into it.- was removing a roof cut on a 95 ls teg,got half way through then only realized there was a rust hole on the rear side of the sunroof opening. Needless to say I was super pissed and jumped the roof flat after that..:x