Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By Clarkypoo
#210059 Hi, I'm new to the board but anyway I have a 1995 Civic EX Sedan :)

Its got 215000 miles on it with the original engine and body, and paint which really shows. The guy I got it off of drove it 100+ every day to work so the sun has done a number to the paint. Its Torino Red Pearl Clearcoat, R-72P.

My question is: How can I make it shine so it doesn't look like it has 215000 miles on it? I tried waxing the hood with some Mothers was for dull paint but it didn't improve it much, I did do it by hand and not with a mop thing so I don't know if thats the problem. I don't have the money to get it resprayed or I would just get a new color.

Thanks,
Clark
By Chance
#210068 Not much is going to bring the shine back. You could wet sand it, dry it and get a good can of clear coat spray paint and spray light layers until you bring the shine back.
That, or try rubbing peanut butter on it like some do to bring the shine back into their carbon fiber parts. The oils stay when you rinse off the peanut butter.
Idk though, sounds like it just needs re-sprayed. I'd personally just wait it out and save for even a cheap paint job.
By teal_dx
#210087 you could try using a polishing compound and high speed buffer. You run the risk of burning through the paint if you're not sure what you're doing, especially if the clear is already wearing thin.