Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By quietman3212
#207571 I'm trying to put mesh in the grill on my coupe and I'm wondering the best way to go about that.

I'm not sure if I could bend the mesh around inside the bumper cover and glue or tape it without bending up the rest.

Orr glue it where it would contact the cover from behind after the stock grill is cut out, but that might leave its position a little precarious.

I could leave the stock grill on and glue it to the front of that, but I don't know if that'll look cheese, being able to see through.
By boos-tit
#207589 maybe you should just not put mesh on your grillz.
By Chance
#208000 What 'mesh' are you trying to use? Like the fence/wire to keep chickens in a pen? Not sure how you would attach it, I've never done this.

A buddy of mine bought an ek with a mesh grill in it but it was mesh that was actually manufactured to be a grill in an ek.

Honestly leave the stock grill in and do what you're going to do with the 'mesh'... That way you can just take the wire off and be back to normal. You'll probably decide it looks horrible and regret cutting the stock grill out.

Not trying to trash your Idea just trying to help you out.
By Ecc0
#208294 When I had my delsol the mesh on the front bumper was cut just bigger than the size of the hole then fiberglass resin was used to hold it in place.

But agree with the others just don't bother. :thumb:
By quietman3212
#208361 I bought a sheet of it. And sorry to disappoint, but I'm going to do it. I don't really have a strong desire to be like everyone else. It's not like I'm trying to modify a ZR1 or a Shelby--It's a Civic.

I bought a sheet that's 5' x1'. It's small black mesh. I was never too excited about the grills in Civics to begin, so I want to try for a change and not anticipate failure.

I'm aware of the zip tie method, but I'm trying for as clean of a look as possible. The plan, at the very least, is to start small with one of the fog light holes and use the knowledge gained from that to do the rest.
By chilango41
#208483 Cut the plastic out and just lay the chicken wire over and put some type of glue to hold it in place.

Post pics when your done, i want to see how it turned out.