Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By ct126x
#205505 Ever since I had the car (about 6 months) I noticed that when I'm trying to pump gas into the gas tank, it doesn't always go in all the way. It's hard to explain, but sometimes it feels like the gas pump is not going inside the gas tank? I have to take it out and shove it back in sometimes to get it to go in. Anyone know what might cause this?
By 95c1v1c
#205609 Fauly wiring?

Just kidding....you using the same pump every fill up? Could just be the style of pump.
By civicboy18
#205630 i agree. it might be the pump. try going to a different gas station. maybe it will be better there. :)
By ct126x
#205634 I usually go to the same gas station. So the problem is not within my car?
By Chance
#205748 Sounds like you have a gerbil.
By chewse
#205800 lol...lmao...a gerbil..ha ha...maybe a prarie dog
By kinta94
#205809 it shouldn't be your car unless someone messed with your tube that goes to the gas tank more than likely its the style of pump.

or a gerbil haha
By ct126x
#205821 lol thanks for the replies.
By ImThaBean
#206195 Thats a problem I ran into on my trip I'm wrapping up right now. I've never had issues in CA with gas pumps, but a few that I stopped to fill up in in Texas and New Mexico, it seemed that the filler nozzles were dated (old style) and they did no go into the car filler neck tube properly. I know the 2 I had the most issues with, 1 I had to put the filler neck upside down for it to register and fill. the other one... Fuuuuuuu. took me like 15 mins to fill. It would not register AT ALL. I had to shove it in, it would put in like 1/4 gallon and shut itself off. then I had to go in again for another 1/4 gallon. If the damn station wasn't busy, I would have tried a different pump but I had to tough it out.
By asianrob
ImThaBean wrote:Thats a problem I ran into on my trip I'm wrapping up right now. I've never had issues in CA with gas pumps, but a few that I stopped to fill up in in Texas and New Mexico, it seemed that the filler nozzles were dated (old style) and they did no go into the car filler neck tube properly. I know the 2 I had the most issues with, 1 I had to put the filler neck upside down for it to register and fill. the other one... Fuuuuuuu. took me like 15 mins to fill. It would not register AT ALL. I had to shove it in, it would put in like 1/4 gallon and shut itself off. then I had to go in again for another 1/4 gallon. If the damn station wasn't busy, I would have tried a different pump but I had to tough it out.

i would have said fuck that and go to another gas station lol